What's new

What did you reload today?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_1908.JPG

Notice the burnished portion of the case of this .41 mag load beginning near the knife point, that is the taper crimped portion. The actual load is not "magnum" but a reduced load, so it doesn't really need a strong roll crimp, but the roll crimp can be made more pronounced if needed. This was done with the Redding Profile Crimp die.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That's a serious roll crimp on those .38s there! I use the Redding "Profile Crimp" dies, they are actually a combination of taper crimp and roll crimp. With these you can get away with a less severe roll crimp, but you can adjust them to put as much roll as you want. They are supposed to increase accuracy with a more consistent crimp force, but I haven't really put it to the test by comparing them to rounds loaded with a conventional crimp.
😮 They make a bigger "BOOM" when you crimp 'em really hard!

🤔 Seriously, I just don't want them to move / bind cylinder etc.
Also shooting 50 to be happy, before making any more...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
View attachment 1297303

Notice the burnished portion of the case of this .41 mag load beginning near the knife point, that is the taper crimped portion. The actual load is not "magnum" but a reduced load, so it doesn't really need a strong roll crimp, but the roll crimp can be made more pronounced if needed. This was done with the Redding Profile Crimp die.

🤔 Admiring the SWC... Only specialty dies I have are for neck-sizing Arisakas.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Decapped and sized "floor sweeping" 9mms; maybe 200.

About four different makes. 380, 32 and 40 mixed in to keep a reloader on their toes. Some have brass rust stains, hope that doesn't weaken the brass.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Resizing some .45 ACP brass that's been de-primed and dry tumbled while the 5.56 brass wet tumbles. I'm getting more into wet tumbling and less into dry tumbling. I will eventually invest in a larger wet tumbler than the Harbor Freight rock tumbler I have now.

Reconfigured the Dillon 550 from .223 to .45 ACP. I'm distressed that I'm down to about 2 lbs. of the (discontinued) 452 AA powder that I've been loading my .45 ACP with.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Anyone ever order from these guys?

Free ship. RSO likes better than Berry's.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have bought range brass from them, SUPER dirty, but otherwise fine.

I want to try some plated 451s/452s now. (🤔 with plated, do you treat as jacketed - 451- or as cast - 452-?)

Doing 100 more 158-gr Berry's /Red Dot 38s this am.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Another hundred 45 Colt.

5.5 Trail Boss and 255 grain RNFP until they ran out; finished with 230 grain RN - 45 ACP style. They should zip!

AA

Top Bottom