What's new

What did you reload today?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Let's make a thread for the lever-crankers that need nothing from the world, because they make their own ammunition! :kyle1: :2guns:

Just got done making:

50 of 38 Special:
158 grain Hi-Tek coated (red) semiwadcutters (SWCs)
Nickle Starline brass, once fired
4 grains Red Dot
Notes: This load is working great for me, have used twice.

And since I had those new (flea market find) 30-30 dies...

20 of 30-30:
Once fired Remington brass
160 grain gaschecked Lee cast, sized to .309.
31 grains of H380.
Notes: Hard to find data on H380 for 30-30, used an old Speer manual. Slight SWAG on the load, nobody uses anything but 150 or 170 grains in 30-30. Mine cast at 155 grains plus gaschecks. They're a tad pointy, will not use in tube magazine.

What did you reload today?

AA

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Just prepping brass for the fire lapping process. I am assuming I'll have to pitch it by the time I'm done so some of the older Peterson stuff is getting to do the deed...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just prepping brass for the fire lapping process. I am assuming I'll have to pitch it by the time I'm done so some of the older Peterson stuff is getting to do the deed...

Always the case prep! One stage now, one stage later... Next thing you have rounds ready to go.

I'm going to have to watch case length, haven't loaded rifle rounds in a while. (38 Special and 45 Colt don't stretch, so to speak).

AA

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
.400 Cor-Bon ... 100 rounds ea.

Nosler 135gr. 10mm JHP
Federal .45ACP SP brass, once-fired
Vihtavuori 3N37, 9.8 gr.
Fiocchi SP primers

Nosler 150gr. 10mm JHP
AA#7, 11.2 gr.
Same brass & primers

Strange you mention it, I loaded 100 38spl, 50 125gr Hornady XTP's over 5.1gr Unique and 50 125gr Winchester JHP also over 5.1gr Unique. These were for my stepfather who has recently decided to get back into shooting and can find no ammo lol. He thought he had "a few boxes", turned out to be 38 S&W.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Tomorrow, I'll be loading .45 ACP 230 gr. RN plated over 4.7 gr. of 452AA (old discontinued shotgun powder similar to 231, you won't find any data for .45 ACP) and some .223 55 gr. FMJBT over 25 gr. of 2230 in Federal brass, getting a fair amount of .223 brass that needs trimming. I'm always prepping brass in stages.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Strange you mention it, I loaded 100 38spl, 50 125gr Hornady XTP's over 5.1gr Unique and 50 125gr Winchester JHP also over 5.1gr Unique. These were for my stepfather who has recently decided to get back into shooting and can find no ammo lol. He thought he had "a few boxes", turned out to be 38 S&W.

Those sound a little warm... +P-ish, I guess?

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tomorrow, I'll be loading .45 ACP 230 gr. RN plated over 4.7 gr. of 452AA (old discontinued shotgun powder similar to 231, you won't find any data for .45 ACP) and some .223 55 gr. FMJBT over 25 gr. of 2230 in Federal brass, getting a fair amount of .223 brass that needs trimming. I'm always prepping brass in stages.

We're absolutely working with what we have!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Hi-Tek coated rounds are Acme Bullet Company; here's a pic.

ACME.jpg

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lipstick rounds!

That is, oddly, what they call them! (Maybe in .45-70 they'd look like lipstick!)

"Give the target a KISS."

I can tell you they shoot cleanly and well. I'd definitely purchase again.

The Starline nickle-coated brass also has a lubricity factor. The Red Dot 4 grain load is borderline +P, perhaps. I use Lee scoops, so it might be more like 3.8. It's shooting cleanly and well.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... 50 Starline nickle, 50 Winchester white box (WWB) brass .38's tumbling away in the Lyman tumbler with new crushed walnut.

I'm only breaking even if I make a hundred a week! Got to get ahead! Will also use some new Starline. Have noted they need/can use a little help (chamfer tool) in the primer pocket on first loading.

Did use Lee Universal Decapper die first, as always, to try and get some cleaning action on the primer pockets.

AA

I keep my press set up with the caliber I am favoring at the time. I keep the primer tubes filled so all I have to do is put powder in the measure. From start to finish the first 100 might take 30 minutes. The next 100 is closer to 15.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All threads are worthless without pix! :punk: Especially something all-American like reloading.

Process pix:

Tumbler. Putting away, not in action.

full

Today's batch, with "stage" notes. (I have so many batches in various stages, I leave notes.)

full

Tony Montana reminds me ...

full

Lots of brass, and as mentioned, I use scales and scoops. Knew a guy blew up a Nambu with a powder measure.

full

Wealth is measured in precious metals: lead. These bars are stamped PB, Alloy, etc.

full

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
All threads are worthless without pix! :punk: Especially something all-American like reloading.

Process pix:

Tumbler. Putting away, not in action.

full

Today's batch, with "stage" notes. (I have so many batches in various stages, I leave notes.)

full

Tony Montana reminds me ...

full

Lots of brass, and as mentioned, I use scales and scoops. Knew a guy blew up a Nambu with a powder measure.

full

Wealth is measured in precious metals: lead. These bars are stamped PB, Alloy, etc.

full

AA

Scarface at the reloading bench. My kinda dude! :)

Top Bottom