What's new

What did you reload today?

Rocket šŸš€ ships; 40 grain running 4100 fps over the chrono!
C1E3DD23-ADF7-4C75-B0CA-C8877AAAE8DB.jpeg
9837637C-0A3F-4462-AAF6-C91D5D02D942.jpeg
Ā 

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
100 230g FMJRN over 5g of Bullseye and 100 230g Hornady XTP over 4.7g of Bullseye. These are the last of the ā€œoldā€ profile XTP that I have. They donā€™t feed as reliably in my TRP but feed flawlessly in my Range Officer. The newer profile XTPs feed flawlessly in everything.
23804300-61F7-452F-B1E9-31658C4ECC40.jpeg
Ā 

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Was browsing Cabelaā€™s reloading aisle yesterday. They had several Hornady bench components and a single stage press but that was it. I think I saw an RCBS tumbler but that was it. No brass, powder or primers.
Ā 
nothing lately. summer in full swing have far too much going on to be stuck inside at the press.
but, since I am new here I will introduce myself.
I load .38SPL, 9MM, .40SW, .45GAP and 10MM AUTO on a Dillon 550B. I used to load for .223 and still have all the equip but quit once trump got in. hate rifle brass and it was cheap enough factory it wasn't worth my time. I rarely shoot my ARs anyway. now, not so much and will probably get back to it.
I also used to reload for .357SIG but that was my problem child and I had to give that round up.
I am a Glock nut with more than I can even remember, and have another one on the way. .40 is my favorite round. :thumbup1:
Ā 

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
nothing lately. summer in full swing have far too much going on to be stuck inside at the press.
but, since I am new here I will introduce myself.
I load .38SPL, 9MM, .40SW, .45GAP and 10MM AUTO on a Dillon 550B. I used to load for .223 and still have all the equip but quit once trump got in. hate rifle brass and it was cheap enough factory it wasn't worth my time. I rarely shoot my ARs anyway. now, not so much and will probably get back to it.
I also used to reload for .357SIG but that was my problem child and I had to give that round up.
I am a Glock nut with more than I can even remember, and have another one on the way. .40 is my favorite round. :thumbup1:

Welcome! We are kindred spirits you and I! :)

I have too many Glocks to count. I believe the .40 S&W is by far, a more effective and efficient round than the 9mm or .45 ACP. (thatā€™s right folks, I said it!). *gets popcorn*. :)

And I would love to reload the .357 Sig. What was your problems with it and why did you give up on it?
Ā 
Welcome! We are kindred spirits you and I! :)

I have too many Glocks to count. I believe the .40 S&W is by far, a more effective and efficient round than the 9mm or .45 ACP. (thatā€™s right folks, I said it!). *gets popcorn*. :)

And I would love to reload the .357 Sig. What was your problems with it and why did you give up on it?
my issues with the sig were numerous. due to the bottle neck, you need to run the brass thru a 40 die to size and decap it. then, you need to do it again on your regular .357 dies to actually size the neck. crimping was a nightmare, too little or too much can both be enourmously problematic. there is just so little brass for the bullet to actually bite it becomes very difficult to get proper neck tension. there are very few bullets specifically designed for the sig, not any old 9 bullet were work. it needs to be "long" to allow the most contact area with the tiny neck. the amount of flare needed is way more sensitive that any straight walled round. I would crush so many case necks on the seating step because the mouth can only be flared a hair. but due to some bullet tolerances not being perfect, if it was just a touch oversized, you have a ruined case (and usually a mangled unusable bullet too). all that to say I love the round and believe it to be the finest semi auto round every produced. it is just a pain for every day reloader.
Ā 

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've been resizing 9 mm brass a little at a time. I have a large Akro bin full of clean brass and resize a few at a time whenever I pass by the reloading bench and toss the sized brass into a plastic ammo can marked "ready for reloading". In a few days I'll have several hundred 9 mm brass ready for the next step.
Ā 

Ad Astra

The Instigator
šŸ¤” Confess I am back to buying the stuff.

Reloading in the cool weather and time restrictions figure.

AA
Ā 

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
One manā€™s trash is another manā€™s treasure ā€¦ while discarding 22LR cases into the recycle bucket @ the club, I spied a boatload (200-plus) of discarded, spent 30-06 military cases - most all are circa-WW2, but a handful are pre-WW2 & one, a Frankford Arsenal dates back to WW1 (5-16).

Among the numerous Denver (DEN) & Lake City Ordnance Plant (LC) cases are some from the Utah (U), Eau Claire (EW) & Des Moines (DM) Ordnance Plants and The Frankford Arsenal (FA).

The 1942 & ā€˜43 Denver brass are my faves, as they were fabricated in Lakewood, a mere 10-miles from the house. At itā€™s zenith (1943), the Remington Arms-run Denver plant was churning out 6.25 million M2 30-06 rounds every 24 hours.

All the serviceable cases will be reloaded to Garand 150gr specs & discharged via a 1943 M1 & ā€˜43 O3-A3

28B8084D-9CD2-4ED2-AA30-849619196003.jpeg
CDC0AB3C-6A28-47D2-A152-ABF3C2573D1A.jpeg
Ā 
Last edited:
Top Bottom