What's new

What did you learn from your safety razor shave today?

I have been having a rough go with my Simpsons M7 Manchurian. It was fine for the first few months that I had it and then it became almost too scrubby for me. I could only use it on the day after I skipped a shave.

I realized it was self inflicted and that the M7 has to be soaked while I shower instead of just getting wet under the tap!!

Today's use was a good scrub!!

I have learned that an old lady still can deliver modern stellar results. If I were forced to use the Gillette English Flat Bottom only from this day forward, I would still smile from ear to ear. Excellent razor and my first (and only) vintage razor!

Best,

Guido

Reminded how much I love to use these vintage acquisitions. This le taillefer I found at a Belgium floh market over the weekend , paired with a feather blade What was a pleasure. Anyone familiar with this razor?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
I learned I can get a DFS (or better) shave with the Yates 921-EH with a single pass on my face with several days growth (though I did a second pass on my neck since the hair on my neck grows in a circle in one area and I wanted to get things smoother on my neck).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I learned that my Claymore Evolution is as good for me as I thought it was. I've been using the very fine, British Flat Bottom Tech for the past 5 shaves. They have been good shaves and shaving with a DE is new to me, so that's a factor.

I've already posted this elsewhere, but I can't imagine a better shave than I had today.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I learned, when you are traveling and schedule a three day long side trip and share a suitcase with your wife, make sure you unpack everything when you return to your home base.... or your ceramic shaving bowl, so carefully packed in between a pair of cargo shorts, might just fly across the room and break into a few pieces. <eg>

Edit: I should have listened to myself and bought one of those silicone, collapsible bowls.

I learned, when you are traveling and schedule a three day long side trip and share a suitcase with your wife, make sure you unpack everything when you return to your home base.... or your ceramic shaving bowl, so carefully packed in between a pair of cargo shorts, might just fly across the room and break into a few pieces. <eg>

Edit: I should have listened to myself and bought one of those silicone, collapsible bowls.
My sincere condolences Phoenixkh🫣

I learned once again, just how much I LOVE MWF soap. I'm also learning (as this is a new product to me) how much I'm enjoying T&H's aftershave balms (I bought three to match three of their soaps I use - Grafton, 1805, and Trafalgar). Even though I used MWF today, I used the 1805 (a little goes a long way). Don't know how long the scent lasts but it's sure nice until it fades away.

Top Bottom