What's new

What did you learn from your safety razor shave today?

Going strictly according to my beard map can deliver a DFS without irritation and bloodshed. Standard shave patterns can work very well then too (opposed to the sliding, slanting, j hooking, etcetera).

Definitely worth exploring some more.

I used a blade stropper, a Twinplex in this case. Two barrels of leather then run against the blade. But it needs more maintenance and more experience on my part to really be effective.
Ah yes, it needs to be in good condition, otherwise it will not improve the edge. I was hoping you found something else, perhaps a simpler solution, as I don't want to deal with twin barrel stroppers. A blade holder which can be used on a regular straight razor strop would be ideal for me.

Ah yes, it needs to be in good condition, otherwise it will not improve the edge. I was hoping you found something else, perhaps a simpler solution, as I don't want to deal with twin barrel stroppers. A blade holder which can be used on a regular straight razor strop would be ideal for me.
It’s actually a handy tool once I get it working the right way. Simply load a blade and turn the crank. The tool does the rest.

Just need to get it to work properly 😃

I learned (was reminded), how much I enjoy taking a slow and easy Sunday morning shave with my Timeless Ti .95 OC razor. Seems I pretty darn near get a GREAT shave every time I reach for it and today was no exception.😊👍💈
62BEA8B1-A599-407E-85A9-E3B2551F1875.jpeg

I own 7 safety razors. The one that causes me the most consternation is, without a doubt, my Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji. I've had a wide variety of shaves with it, ranging from really, really good to really, really awful. For some reason, I'm of the opinion that an adjustable razor should have, well, a wide range of adjustment. This one, at least to me, does not. I have to dial it all the way back for it to give me a comfortable, decent shave. Otherwise, it becomes a Weasels Ripped My Flesh machine.

proxy.php

So I just dial it all the way back. And I learned today that, heck, that's not so bad. I can deal with it. And got a decent shave, despite the fact that it's not what I expected when I bought it.
Hey, I can live with that.

Having not used the Rex Ambassador XL in quite a while did not matter, it was a great shave and paired with a Personna SPC it was great. I feel using other razors got me even better this one and that just using this forum to read, write and learn more has helped in all of my shaving, honestly.

I learned that my Blackland Razors Ti Vector handle fits my pre-war/fat handle Tech razor head.
The Ti Vector handle is just a little heavier than the handle that came with the pre-war/fat handle Tech.
I used a nylon washer to keep from scratching the base plate on my razor (as I do with all my razors that have base plates), but I don't know if that was needed to get the snug fit with the Ti Vector handle or not.

The shave was very nice!

I initially tried my Yates 921 Ti 3.25" stubby handle but the there was not enough threading in the handle to make it work. In retrospect, I could have used a few nylon washers to make up the difference (probably).

I learned, (or was reminded), never to take for granted a double edge razor blade as they will strike you faster than a West Texas Rattlesnake. Cleaning my razor and removing the blade wayyyy to quickly and arrogantly with my thumb and forefinger resulted in a nasty cut to my thumb. Take your time fellows.😊👍💈

Top Bottom