What's new

What did you learn from your safety razor shave today?

Sometimes a ‘new’ (to me) blade is far, far better than expected!

Trying a Sputnik (PPI I believe) blade for the first time this week. So far 9.5, 10 and 10 on a scale of 1-10. Cannot get much better than that!

Now the questions are about longevity and blade to blade variation. But a joy in any case!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Sometimes a ‘new’ (to me) blade is far, far better than expected!

Trying a Sputnik (PPI I believe) blade for the first time this week. So far 9.5, 10 and 10 on a scale of 1-10. Cannot get much better than that!

Now the questions are about longevity and blade to blade variation. But a joy in any case!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
BigJ I’m probably “no thrills”, but one thing I learned many years ago is shaving should be relaxing and enjoyable without fighting a tired blade so I’m finished with a blade after no more than 3 shaves, (the majority of the time). After I run out I will just get some more, but with my inventory that should be several years down the road.

Today, I learned that MdC Nature smells like Fruit Loops. 😝

And, also that it is a first class soap that will likely take me a lifetime to finish.

BTW, for those wondering, other than the scent I discern no real difference between this and Canada. Love 'em both.

I learned after shave #2 that I can even step on the gas a bit with the Athena and still get a smooth and efficient shave WITHOUT ANY POST SHAVE IRRITATION!
Still early in the game but moving steadily and cautiously along.
85E222F8-DE5E-4B34-840A-93DB3ABD0AED.jpeg

Today I learned that I'm getting very spoiled by the automatic 2 pass WTG/XTG DFS+ from my Lupo .95

I'm finding that when I use other razors I end up touching up with the Lupo anyway.

The 'big bad wolf' is gunning hard for top spot in the rotation.

Top Bottom