What's new

What did you learn from your last writing session?

I learned it is not a good idea to shake an uncapped fountain pen to stir up the gold particles in your new J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey ink!

I learned not to change ink cartridges on my Franklin-Christoph Model #27 at church. I had lots of Bad Belted Kingfisher blue fingers afterwards!

Pics?

Did the cat knock over a vial/bottle or something?

She wanted attention while I was filling a pen with Diamine Sherwood Green. I was trying to get the air out of the 580 and she caused a bit of an ink fountain. No pictures and no stitches... The way she sheds the evidence will soon be gone. SWMBO says "let her keep her dignity".

Last edited:
I learned the bottle of witch hazel I keep in my desk drawer for razor burn also works well for removing ink I spill on my fingers when loading pens.

I bought some new stationery yesterday. When I got down to the bottom of the first page where my hand had been resting, the pen was really struggling with skipping, and generally faint, poor ink flow. On the second page, I put something under my hand as I wrote, and I was able to write clear to the bottom with no issue.

I'm guessing the better stationery absorbed more skin oils as compared to other papers I've used, and it really messed up the ink flow!

After returning to cursive for the last nine months from printing. I decide that my writing legibility is better when I print. i gone back to printing when I'm writing letters.

Being a fan of Rhodia Premium I'm looking to explore other paper/stationery options.

After writing an entire day with brown and green ink, I (re)learned that I am a blue ink person. The funky colours bore me after a little while.

I have notice I misspell words when writing cursive. Always becomes allways. Maybe it's just the way the two LL letters write out... I am also getting better not fighting when I need to pickup my pen. It's fun developing a style to writing. I am horribly slow but I write for the pure enjoyment of it and then it's not work.

Slow down and choose your weapon carefully. If you are running late on Friday afternoon and need to make notes for yourself for Monday morning. Grab your Zebra ball point pen and print. Don't grab your Lamy fountain and do hand righting. No idea how I am going to interpret that mess come Monday.
Johnny

I learned that, other than the nib on my Pelikan M805, I rally like Japanese nibs. They are smooth and a pleasure to use.

Top Bottom