What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

That as a relatively new DE shaver Wizamet SI blades really are amazing. So far 5 great irritation free shaves. But also after 3 months my Muhle R89 just feels a bit too mild and I'm having to double shim the razor as my technique improves. So I went down the rabbit hole and just ordered a muhle R94

That I can get the same close and comfortable head shave from my $20 aluminum Razorock Hawk Eco with a 5-cent DE half-blade as I get from my lovely $220 brushed stainless steel Blackland Vector with a $1.50 Feather AC style blade.
That's in line with what I've been thinking about. Didn't $$$ Titanium razor even give me a better or more enjoyable daily shave than a razor 1/4 it's price. My face is saying not today ole boy.

Rinsing your razor very often differentiates a very good first pass from an average first pass. 2-3 short strokes, flip around, 1 pass over the area again, 2-3 more on a new area, rinse and repeat.
I have a habit of rinsing after each stroke, makes my shave seem smoother and closer but I only do one pass

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If my last shave can be a baseline for all future shaves, a whole new vista has opened to me.

Bittersweetly, my raging brush addiction will be rendered pointless, latest soaps and creams will have to wait decades before I’m low enough on soap to justify their purchase (same as before, but more in my face now), and I’ll officially be aware I’m one of the guys that’s paid for a share of latest/great razors only to be stuck on one vintage razor like has been said elsewhere.

But I’d be able to shave whenever instead of only after my nightly shower and that could open up a whole world of scented aftershaves for that once every three years when mentholated grain alcohol isn’t enough. Might buy Icy Blue Aqua Velva or Skin Bracer if this pans out.

what have i just learned from my last shave ? well i shall tell all .
in my last shave i learned just how much i still like my rockwell 6s .
i learned that mitchells wool fat is still my number2 after my palmolive stick.
and lastley but most important ...
how cheep it is to shave grandad style bought 200 blades when i started 3 years ago for 12 quid and still got nearly 1/2 left .
go on beat that you multi blade latest model newest idea shavers .

Take more detailed notes. For the first time in a very long time, I had to shave three days of growth, so I turned to my long dormant Schick Stubble Eraser. It does exactly what it claims, replacing the standard five blade Hydro configuration with a leading comb and three exceptionally sharp blades. Note to self - blades are as unforgiving of error as they are outstanding for their intended purpose. Proceed with DE level caution.

Anyone have the same issue? Is this normal?

When shaving my face, (cheek/neck) the right side is louder. Someone used the phrase, it sounds like spreading butter on toast.

I have a goatee. The hair on the right side of my goatee is also thicker.

The raspy sound makes me want to use use razor strokes. Razor burn city if I do.

That no matter how much I shave this one part of my head it always feels like there is hair there. I think at some point I'm feeling the follicles.
You are not alone. If I don’t catch myself. Razor burn. I know better but there is still hair in that one spot. Really.

Have a good shave 🪒.

As a newbie, I’ve been learning in my last shaves to know when to quit to prevent irritation and to shave for looks and not “for feels”. I always feel remaining hair with my hand, but overshaving will give me unpleasant irritation

Confirmed again the difference between the horrible and the very smooth blade is found in blade's sharpnes, AND in the adequate pressure against the skin.

Found as well my peace of mind is important and my time is important;

* I shaved distracted by daily worries and stresss, therefore not paying much attention to the my razor and pressure, ended up with quite a few nicks and cuts and irritated skin.

* I shave hastily sometimes, to end up with the same result.

So, sharp blade + technique + peace of mind + sufficient time = excelent shave.

Top Bottom