What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I was reminded that if I'm late and really pressed for time a quick rub of Arko around my wet face provides an excellent slick base for a squirt of Barbasol. A close, clean 2 pass shave in less than 3 minutes. Wouldn't want to do it every day but it's nice to know the option is there when I need it.
I've been known to whip a little soap in my scuttle followed by a dollop of Barbasol. It winds up as a great shave. Perhaps I'll try the Arko + Barbasol this weekend. . . .

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I thought I was a cap-surfer, but no. Comb-booper through and through.

Other than with a GEM Micromatic, this is holding true. Would probably hold true for that machine, too, if I allowed myself that ever so pleasing ”crunch” of its ‘loud’ angle.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I found that you never stop learning new methods when shaving from technique to mixing lather, Recently I have been misting my lather and it has improved the quality of lather to a more creamy, hydrated, peaked lather. KISS(Keep it simple shaving) still applies to lathering who would of thought a simple mister could improve my lather. :letterk1: :lol:

I learned that Exchange Select blades, sold at the base exchange, work great for me in the Razorock .84 SB i recently picked up. Good for me because I have a lot of those blades. Very close and comfortable and I always just shave ATG on my cheeks and neck.

That a OneBlade Core razor is gentle enough to shave with a day after a tough, irritating shave. I wasn't sure how my skin would react but I had barely any reaction.

I learnt that the Treet Carbon, aka black beauties are THE blades for me. I found that they worked well for me early on, however I tried many different blades and left Black beauties on the side for a while. I've tried Feather, Rapira, Cloud, Dorco, Shark, Derby extra, Treet 7am. I was trying to see if I could find something better. But nothing worked. I nicked my self almost every time, some blades were tugging, a lot of them left my neck red and sore. The quality of my shave plummeted because my passes weren't thorough anymore and I stopped doing touch ups because I feared to nick myself even more. BBS shaves were gone. I thought that I was regressing.
Then everything changed. I went back to the Treet Carbon. I had one blade that I had used once. I loaded It in my Merkur Progress and I had the best shave in ages. It went through the stubble with ease and it was so forgiving yet efficient. Three pass plus touch up m, BBS with no nicks. They are my blades I think I won't try anything else.
IMG_20211201_091214759.jpg

Top Bottom