What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Ice cubes in my shave mug water for dipping/getting additional water when face lathering. Feels great and have been going with cold water shaves lately. Seem to get closer shave without going ATG.

That a 72-hour beard provides a very good shave experience. It's not something I'd do during the work week, but it was a fascinating experience.
I constantly struggle with waiting to shave and wanting to shave. Often want wins so I don’t get as many multi day shaves as I’d like.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Changed my regular Nivea balm to CeraVe moisturizer(balm + scentless) with Hyaluronic acid added to it works wonders for finishing off a shave. My skin feels very smooth and refreshed and can be used for other problem areas of dryness.

To always come back at a later date to a razor that didn't work for me.
I came back to the Blackland Blackbird OC plate that was harsh. Well that plate worked out great, I'll keep a BB OC plate on hand.

That if the blade feels like it needs a change, it needs a change. Was doing an against the grain pass on my lip, razor was tugging too much, but I stuck with it and drew blood. Just a tiny droplet that took about a minute to stop, but still. This teaches me that not all brands of blades will last as long as others.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I was reminded that if I'm late and really pressed for time a quick rub of Arko around my wet face provides an excellent slick base for a squirt of Barbasol. A close, clean 2 pass shave in less than 3 minutes. Wouldn't want to do it every day but it's nice to know the option is there when I need it.

That I'm on a bad shaving run and need to skip week to let my face fully recover otherwise I'll just keep opening up the same nicks

Top Bottom