What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Well, I finally tried the Treet Carbon Steel (Black Beauties) blades. And now I can understand why they are so polarizing.

On one hand, this was one of the smoothest, "did I really load a blade?" shaves I have ever had. Using alum was a total waste of time; no feedback whatsoever.

On the other hand, it was not very efficient. I would have achieved a much closer shave with a Feather, Nacet, BIC, etc.

I will try these Treets in my R41 and see how it goes.

They don’t make them like they used to!!

At least with blades: this NOS Swedish Schick Krona-coated blade is up there with the Spoilers for sharpness, smoothness, comfort and longevity!! :a29::a29:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Turning off the faucet while washing to save water/hot water doesn’t interfere with the shower softening my whiskers and there’s less steam on the mirror, too.

thombrogan

I learned I’m a sucker for AC-format razors. Have two SEs and a barber razor and I enjoy using one of the SEs (RazoRock Hawk V3OC) more than anything else and the barber razor (Mythus) has orange scales and they make everything better (except for the shave — that’s where the RazoRock Hawk V3OC comes in…).

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
The King C. Gillette handle suits my hand better than the Gillette Heritage handle. I get great shaves from both, but I prefer a longer and heavier handle, I think.

thombrogan

I can make just as much of a mess using a brush with a 39mm loft as I can with a 63mm loft. Only using less soap.

Top Bottom