What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

What did you learn from your last shave?

Ice cubes in my shave mug water for dipping/getting additional water when face lathering. Feels great and have been going with cold water shaves lately. Seem to get closer shave without going ATG.

Changed my regular Nivea balm to CeraVe moisturizer(balm + scentless) with Hyaluronic acid added to it works wonders for finishing off a shave. My skin feels very smooth and refreshed and can be used for other problem areas of dryness.

To always come back at a later date to a razor that didn't work for me.
I came back to the Blackland Blackbird OC plate that was harsh. Well that plate worked out great, I'll keep a BB OC plate on hand.

that Williams is a great soap once you get all of the air bubbles out, and no matter how long whip up a lather for, you need to at least whip up that lather for another 5 minutes. It's also cheap, available all over around me, and has a great scent.

That if the blade feels like it needs a change, it needs a change. Was doing an against the grain pass on my lip, razor was tugging too much, but I stuck with it and drew blood. Just a tiny droplet that took about a minute to stop, but still. This teaches me that not all brands of blades will last as long as others.

Owen Bawn

"Ask me about a fluffernutter"
I was reminded that if I'm late and really pressed for time a quick rub of Arko around my wet face provides an excellent slick base for a squirt of Barbasol. A close, clean 2 pass shave in less than 3 minutes. Wouldn't want to do it every day but it's nice to know the option is there when I need it.

That I'm on a bad shaving run and need to skip week to let my face fully recover otherwise I'll just keep opening up the same nicks

Top Bottom