What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Nice to get back to a ‘top-tier’ blade (Personna lab) after dallying with the ’competition!’

Absence makes the heart grow fonder (or at least my beard)!! :a29:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
When breaking in a natural hair boar or Badger shave brush it is better to learn how to do it properly than thinking you know how to break it in. Lots of good information online and in the B&B forum.

Feather AC ProGuard blades are wickedly sharp. Today was my 5th shave with this blade (3 passes each) and the blade is still amazingly sharp and smooth. I am amazed to see the sharpness after the 5th shave and it's still going strong !
I gave the required respect to the blade and had an amazingly close and irritation free BBS !
I think I can easily get 5-6 more shaves from this blade ! :straight:

That I don't need any more hardware! Chucked a blade in my oldest razor, a short handled Progress, and had a sublime shave.

I've got plenty of software, so this year should really be spent working down my stash.

Which is your favorite?
Too early to tell...but both are fantastic and I’ll keep forever.
Very different shaves with both: the Sabre is like a big old Lincoln or Cadillac, just a smooth and enjoyable ride, soaking up the whisker highway. The Vector, while still smooth is light and maneuverable, flickable like a Lotus or Super Seven. Zipping around the curves of my face and laying waste to stubble.
Channeling The B&B Way...get both!

Unlike my experience with cart shaving in the '80s and '90s, when I had *no* technique at all and half the time ended up nicking myself, today I found that shaving before my shower works very well.

Reactions: KJI
Top Bottom