What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Familiarity can breed laziness. I've been using various R41's (rosegold R41, tortoiseshell R103, black R101) for a couple of weeks and the shaves were superb. However, for the last 3 shaves my technique has been a bit slap dash. No nicks or cuts but more feedback from the aftershave than is acceptable.

That despite wanting to love ARKO (don't judge me - I like the scent) I can't.

It lathers up a storm and performs very well but that post-shave feel is DRY....

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
that post-shave feel is DRY....

Absolutely. It’s just soap. That gives you the opportunity to use the time saved from the easily perfected lather and money saved from its modest price to get the moisturizer that works best for your skin. That way fighting with the shea-to-murumuru ratio is done while you’re not holding a razor.

Not from my last shave but rather from my last thousand or so... I learned I wish I had been exposed to DE and SE razors when I first started shaving. It would have saved me years of frustration with ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and irritation. There would have been a little blood shed in the beginning, but it would have been so worth it if I had decided to stick with it.

And I firmly believe it would have saved me money as well. Why? Because I was young and didn't have the money to spend on several razors, brushes, and soaps. I would have been forced to choose my tools carefully and stick with them until I knew what I was doing instead of jumping to the next shiny new thing.

Top Bottom