What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I learned that I can't get as many uses out of my Polsilver blades as I thought... they're good for 4-5 shaves, and then I need to move on, otherwise I start getting a LOT of irritation.

An electric razor ...... even “the best you can buy” (aka “the most expensive”) ....... only seems to be good for travel or emergency. At least my face appears to the naked eye to be “shaved”. But to my hand, or my wife’s cheek, not.

I learned that for my use, even though I am only one shave in with the combo. A gillette silver blue blade and the Mühle R89 seems like a great team for my face.

I learned that a lather hog brush needs, not just more cream, but a LOT more cream. I've been trying to dial in a luxurious 30-mm brush for quite some time. This morning I finally went with about twice my normal dollop of cream, and was rewarded with an explosion of thick, rich lather.

Just because you nicked yourself doesn’t mean you should opt for a less aggressive razor. I am getting smoother, nick-free shaves from my Rockwell 6c 5 plate versus the 3 and 4. I think with the 5, I don’t feel the need to push.

A property honed and stropped Henkels Friodur is perhaps the most forgiving straight razor in existence while also being one of the most effective. Talk about functional art. Wow!

Two things today: MenSmell Stainless Steel Blades are fairly nice for my razor and face. Second, I don't know if I love American Blend by Fine Accoutrements.

I get a smoother, more comfortable shave when I concentrate on keeping a shallow angle. Riding the cap with the Merkur 34C works for me.

well today I learned that when a blade starts to fell a bit on the tuggy side and you think its dragging more its time
to change it out I meen come on who else thinks 20 shaves out of a derby is not enough ?

Top Bottom