What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Second shave much better! No pressure used and let the razor do it’s thing and received a great shave with no weepers.
New Timeless Aluminum, same experience, second shave, no pressure even with the ultra light aluminum Timeless, let the razor do the work. It is so light, hard to feel the head and the blade, but it still does the job, close, no irritation, no blood. Key is still no pressure. Oh did I mention no pressure?

Third shave today with the Timeless Aluminum and even better than the first two. Secret is no pressure, let the razor do the work. Close, no irritation, no nicks or weepers no buffing needed. It looks to be a winner and definite keeper. Kudo’s to Timeless for another great razor!

I learned that my Schick Type A is just as efficient as my PAA DOC Evo without being as aggressive. I shaved yesterday and don't have enough stubble to shave again today. This usually only happens after a DOC Evo shave.

My better half decided that it would be a good idea to chat while I was shaving with the straight this morning. No blood, but I got distracted and did ATG on my next instead of my pseudo-XTG. I then did my regular ATG pass thinking that ATG was where the real work happens anyway.

When I went to rinse my face I felt stubble that's usually not there. Went back and did my pseudo-XTG pass on my neck, rinsed again, and no more stubble!

I guess each pass actually serves a purpose for me and my face/beard. No two-pass BBS for this guy!

I had been a little fearful of Feather blades and avoided them until recently. My first Feather purchase was made to get me to the free shipping amount and offered little risk except to my face. I am now on my third or fourth blade and 11th or 15th shave and find these blades outstanding in my Timeless Titanium 0.68. Maybe earlier when I was refining my technique these blades needed to be feared, but certainly not now.

I’m glad I gave them a chance and no longer fear them. Unfortunately that also means I will most likely be adding to my multi-year blade supply.

This. I was like this with Nacets and only used them in my SLOC, not my Timeless.

Figure I’m getting better at this, chucked one in my Timeless this morning, great shave. Sharp, but no worries. Nice to know I don’t have to be afraid of them any more. I might try a Feather next.

I learned that my beard mapping is changing as i'm getting older.
Also I have to pay more attention to those white stubbles around my chin. They are getting harder to shave.

Karl

I read somewhere (either here or youtube) to use Proraso Pre-Shave for the clean-up pass.
It seems to work very well. Will try again next shave.

After years of cartridge shaving and occasionally being forced to use cold water always to bad effect, I've religiously scoffed at those posting about the benefits of shaving with cold water.

Yesterday I "dipped my toe in" with a cool water shave. Very surprised at how smoothly it went and the quality of the shave. And positively astounded at how refreshing it was! I may just have to "take the plunge"...

After years of cartridge shaving and occasionally being forced to use cold water always to bad effect, I've religiously scoffed at those posting about the benefits of shaving with cold water.

Yesterday I "dipped my toe in" with a cool water shave. Very surprised at how smoothly it went and the quality of the shave. And positively astounded at how refreshing it was! I may just have to "take the plunge"...
Take the plunge, it's great all year long!

So tired I was half asleep during my shave, but it all just came together. Best shave this month!
proxy.php

Don't be too quick to write a blade off until you try it in a different razor. That's what happened to me when I used a Wilkinson Sword Classic blade today in a Rockwell 6C. Gave me a smooth BBS shave.

Top Bottom