What's new

What did you hone today?

Harwood & Co Warranted in Ivory scales.
10 strokes on the La Lune dash of hand soap and water. Very good looking hht and tree topping.
E61A14E8-9FF3-402D-AFE4-15B11B38051F.jpeg

Spent most of day honing my new to me Iwasaki 30, 9h

Shapton Glass 2k HR, 6kHC, 8k snow white, 12 nani
Shave first pass was awesome but not perfect plus my stopping was not great

Back to 8 few more laps then to Ozuka Asagi 5+
Slurry to water finish
2 pass phenomenal shave, so phenomenal speechless

Notes,,,,,
I will not leave my wingman////////

Didn’t move past 2k until good bevel, cherry tomato test good
proxy.php

Good foundation before moving up [emoji3595]
This is the 5th razor i have honed
Most likely sending this to Dr for his touch as my edge good but she deserves better

This razor steel is so hard it ate my stones for lunch without blinking
This razor is a grail razor, that shaves grail level status, the razor grind is hard dense and solid, amazing,
Mr Iwasaki truely was a master artisian
When you hold blade it has heft and density like no other razor in my collection

proxy.php

proxy.php

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
@RussellR5555 has inspired me to get out my own TI 11/16 Basic Black, wonderful razors, and so I gave it a touch up. A non-Asano mejiro was followed by ‘Ugly #2’, quite an excellent piece of pure deep strata Nakayama, super fine and not too hard. It’s just ugly. I even cashewed the sides, not because it needed it, but just to cover up more of the ugly, lol. Silent HHT in or out so we will see how she shaves in the morning.

3DDD19A6-9538-474E-B127-3323F7E38616.jpeg

Ooh, ouch! I have worked down to the end of my edge restoration queue, nothing left but a bunch of hard cases sitting over there on the Group W bench.

E9117E80-D5EF-4089-95F7-185583A67BF7.jpeg

Trying to get my Kampfe Bros Royal Star to 'shave ready', or at least 'shave possible'. Worked on the bevel a couple days back, naked eye told me the toe wasn't touching the stones.

Not too bad, so I decided I would like to get it back to straight, rather than turn the hint of a smile into an ugly lopsided grin. Glassed it.

Today it got the Naniwa 600 Pro, then the Ultra Sharp 600 diamond plate (bit of a last resort/cheap shot hone to my mind), then back to the 600 and on to the Naniwa Pro 1000. Lots of laps.

Marker and eyeball agreed the bevel was on the hones from heel to toe. Took it through Naniwa S2 3/5/8/12k. Looks shiny!

HHT - Fail!! 0%!! Now the toe will shave arm hair (barely), the rest of the blade is rolling snake eyes. Back to bevel set, once my morale recovers. Royal Star! Royal pain in the ...
728CD5DC-1598-49CF-96FD-4F4BE0EEBC6A.jpeg

No, I'm not giving it 3 stars.

Top Bottom