What's new

What did you hone today?

B2462850-CDEA-429D-8C6B-F33E2E08DAE6.jpeg

A little touch up for the new (to me) Revisor and an early Torrey (linear tang stamps).
IMG_20200613_175009-01.jpeg

A few laps for each on the Naniwa 12k followed by the pasted balsa progression and then clean leather. Both are now sharper than sharp. Shave test for the Revisor tomorrow.

Honed this Joseph Smith today.
IMG_20200614_160453-01.jpeg

Closest thing to a true wedge that I have tried to date.
IMG_20200613_115620-01.jpeg

The toe and heel had no bevel so I started with the Norton 1k and progressed through the 4k, 8k, and the Naniwa 12k, all with two layers of tape. Then, just because I usually do, I went through the pasted balsa progression after removing the tape. I'm not sure I expected it to do anything since the edge was developed with tape, but it to seemed incrementally sharper after each set of 60 laps. In any case, stropping on clean leather left it popping hairs at 1/4” so I can't complain.

Have to wait until Tuesday for the shave test since tomorrow's Micromatic Monday.

Just got my first ever Boker in today.
I was thinking that I’d try the factory edge but then decided “nah”
image.jpg

So I broke out this Aiwatani and started with a Tomo slurry but I was having some trouble with the toe on one side and the heel on the other.
I decided to try a heavier slurry from my worn out DMT. Was finally able to get it where I wanted then went to the Tomo. Looking forward to tomorrow mornings maiden voyage.

Top Bottom