What's new

What did you hone today?

well this one was a multistep process. 3k chosera to suita, shave then iromono, shave and finally hard asagi. Each edge was shave ready and gave a BBS but with each stone the edge got better and off the trusted hard asagi it was just insane. 7 day growth wiped like nothing.
Razor is a cape 650 test razor.

fullsizeoutput_1ade.jpeg
IMG_4106.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1aff.jpeg

Frederick Reynolds FBU and a Torrey 992. Both went through my standard synthetic progression and then finished on the diamond pasted balsa progression. Shave test tomorrow, at least for the Torrey.
IMG_20191231_002234-01.jpeg

Finally got back to this Rolls blade. I started the finish last week but the top of this stone was 'off'. I could have used another stone but I was set on this Maruka. I lapped it today, and because it's super hard it took a while. But what a difference, flatter is much better - the feel is back and correct, the edge came up perfectly. The Goma on this Mizu is crazy dense.

RollsNat 1a.jpg

Finally got back to this Rolls blade. I started the finish last week but the top of this stone was 'off'. I could have used another stone but I was set on this Maruka. I lapped it today, and because it's super hard it took a while. But what a difference, flatter is much better - the feel is back and correct, the edge came up perfectly. The Goma on this Mizu is crazy dense.

View attachment 1049382

Where did you get the blade holder ?

Got this not so great looking kiridashi from Amazon :) Man it arrived really sharp, it sliced through the tough hardened plastic handle grips of the snowblower like butter. Needed refreshing so I did some DN slurry on this suita and brought it back to life. Only downside of this suita is it's size. At 265mm length it was a pain to lap, couldn't use the mudroom sink, doesnt fit into stone holder etc.

toDcRf5RRfCoLmfNCiFrhw.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Got this not so great looking kiridashi from Amazon :) Man it arrived really sharp, it sliced through the tough hardened plastic handle grips of the snowblower like butter. Needed refreshing so I did some DN slurry on this suita and brought it back to life. Only downside of this suita is it's size. At 265mm length it was a pain to lap, couldn't use the mudroom sink, doesnt fit into stone holder etc.

View attachment 1049694

I offer a free to members disposal service for stones such as this which are really too bit for you to use. I'll even pay shipping on this one because I can see how much it's annoying you, and because I'm incredibly kind and generous.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1049694
yeah alex, that stone is way too big for 'ya. if you need me to take that one off your hands for cheap, please let me know.

Top Bottom