i went to my southern roots today.

fried catfish
cole slaw
collard greens
black eyed peas
home fries
cornbread

and sweet potato pie for dessert

No onion? Tonight I almost made the trip to Cracker Barrel to get an order of catfish, but decided I was too tired to make the drive.

Suateed onions with EVO
throw in a couple of seasoned cube steaks let it cook
white rice with one cup of water and a little salt
Pink beans with Goya sofrito seasoning
Just like mom used to make it!!!
then you marry the rice and beans...pour the beans on a bed of rice and mix so that the sauce of the beans gives the rice great flavor. Serve the steaks with the sauteed onions on top. You cook the rice until all the water has been absorbed or evaporated and you boil the beans until soft. You mix the Goya sofrito with the beans as they boil about a tablespoon is enough.

Turkey cutlets with cilantro, almond and garlic chimichuri sauce

sweet corn cut off the cob and sauteed with garlic lime butter

Both recipes from Gourmet--yum.

mrob said:
Turkey cutlets with cilantro, almond and garlic chimichuri sauce

sweet corn cut off the cob and sauteed with garlic lime butter

Both recipes from Gourmet--yum.

Mmmm cilantro....

I made crab with cilantro and lime tonight... also several cheeses and meats... tasting wine at a friends house to determine if I'll be carrying it or not (I'm a wholesaler)

From the sublime to the ridiculous. . .

Last night's bedtime story was Bread and Jam for Frances, a classic kids story about a little animal who was so fussy that all she ate was bread and jam. In the end of the story she finally gets tired of eating the same thing every day, and begs her parents for spaghetti and meatballs. So. . .

. . .tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs! Always fun when its 90 degrees outside!

Well, nothing interesting for other meals, but fun desert tonight.

Homemade Meringues. These alone are really good. If you've ever had crappy store-bought ones and thought they were good, you have no idea what you're in for when you get the real thing.

BUT, we did not stop there. Very carefully cut the top off. Then layer on Haagen Daz vanilla ice cream and raspberry sobert, and cap with the meringue top. MMMMMM...........

well it was sunday and I had time to cook....actually i have to cook enough for my kids and i to have a good lunch for a couple of days.

grilled boneless chicken (salt pepper and garlic) and bbq with Jack Daniels sausce....i usually make my own, but i wanted to try the JD for once...and it was pretty good for bottled sauces.

sirloin steak grilled with the same seasonings...

grilled corn on the cob, baked white potatoe and a yam...since my cholesterol number came out, i have to stay away from the white starches.....

wild rice and cucumbers on the side...my kids dug in like you wouldn't believe....and now i have a lunch for today, too.

Kyle, Sounds just like my meal!!

First I made chicken breast seasoned with onion-powder and lemon pepper, grilled on a George-Forman. I then made a sandwich as follows.

1. Two slices wheat bread
2. Smear bread with Guacamole
3. Schlep a little salsa on for flavor
4. Two slices of tomato
5. 1 slice of provalone melted on the chicken.
6, small sprinkling of italian herbs.

Now that is a pretty darn healthy chicken sandwhich and it tastes twice as good as any from a fast food joint.

Spinach Basil Garlic Fettuccini
quick tomato sauce with citrus seasonings
calamari, shrimp, scallops sauted in butter, garlic and italian seasonings
added roasted red papers

Don't ask me about the spices tho.. I just toss on whatever sounds good that night. I normally don't cook like this tho......!

No you didn't... I only cook once or maybe twice a week....lol

I usually have too much soap stuff in the kitchen to get at the stove but since I am out of soaping stuff I figured I would make this instead.

Caesar Salad
Grilled pork steaks (marinated in beer)
Baked potato
No sugar added apple pie w/low carb vanilla ice cream

Mama Bear said:
No you didn't... I only cook once or maybe twice a week....lol

I usually have too much soap stuff in the kitchen to get at the stove but since I am out of soaping stuff I figured I would make this instead.

i'd gain weight at that rate....!!!! Let's try once or twice a year !!! :bored:

Top Bottom