What's new

What did I pick up?

Picked up this one at flea/used/antique marked today.

According to the info I have found it looks to be an Executive, but what's confusing me a little is that it's date code is E1, which would make it 1st quarter of 1959, but I thought the first Executive was made in 1960?

Any one to fill me in a little?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
It is so hard to say Rune, I am beggining to think Gillette was not always sure what they were doing. That Executive is a real beauty, great score.

Very NICE!!

If you got it for $40.00 or less you hit a home run.

Great shavers. The different knurling on the handle compared to a fat boy in nickel makes a better grip while shaving.

I have a user grade one, no where near as lovely as the one you scored, and it is a wonderful razor. I do have an issue with the knob working loose while I shave.

More of a problem with my specific razor. You shouldn't need to worry.

Be gentle cleaning it. Anything abrasive or that has strong chemicals can harm the lovely gold wash on these beauties.

I'm fairly sure the Executives started with D-3. I've seen plenty before 1960. There've been a number sold on the B/S/T. In fact, D-3 Executives are actually not all that uncommon.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I'm fairly sure the Executives started with D-3. I've seen plenty before 1960. There've been a number sold on the B/S/T. In fact, D-3 Executives are actually not all that uncommon.
Hey Porter where have you been?

Thanks for all your help guys.

I have to admit I haven't used a DE in over a year, so I really don't know what to do with it yet.
The FB was my favorite DE and I'm thinking this could be a nice one to use once in a while between the straights.

Top Bottom