What's new

What did I do wrong?

Somehow I went through Black Friday and Cyber Monday without a single shave related purchase. I must be sick or something.

That is rare but also good to know that it's possible. I'm attempting the same for the next year, haha.

The Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping days lasted for several weeks this year and are still going on. I don't think I purchased anything on the two prime shopping days, but did pick up several things both before and after. Unfortunately, the shaving stuff I was looking for was not discounted. However, I did get some good deals on clothing and electronics over the entire period.

Same thing here .... no shaving stuff, as I'm determined to use up all the stuff I already have before I buy anything new. But I scored some great deals on Amazon Echo products, and I am amazed at what they can do !

I did but only because of limited edition soap at WCS. I think I spent less than $80, but I've needed a mild re-stock for a while now.

The Saturday after Black Friday I bought a nice $5 1965 Gillette Super Speed flare tip from an antiques store.

It was "Small Business Saturday", after all...

But otherwise, I've felt no desire to buy 100 more incredibly unnecessary blades and whatnot. I am content.

I bought 1 sample at full price, but got good deals on bar soap I was needing. I too am trying to use up my soap. I joined the GRUME this month. I hope I make it.

Just a little <$30 cyber Monday purchase here. It was my biggest shaving-related purchase in the past 6 months so I guess I'm doing alright...

I’m with you @lancre !

There were a lot of tempting deals, but I held fast. It doesn’t help that these sales all come before Christmas! I’d hate to ruin someone’s gift to me!

I’m with you @lancre !

There were a lot of tempting deals, but I held fast. It doesn’t help that these sales all come before Christmas! I’d hate to ruin someone’s gift to me!

Well, it does help you resist at least a little for the reason you give, but also because of all the other ways you need to spend your money at this time of year. It's the after-Christmas sales that are really dangerous.

Top Bottom