What's new

What did I buy today? v.stand

Hi all

I saw this great razor and brush stand in the window of the local second-hand store for only $7 and needless to say snapped it up straight away.

proxy.php

I bought it primarily for the stand but as you can see it came with a brush and razor already in place.

The razor is a little confusing as the head is 'blank' with rails on the long edges. Is this perhaps an ornamental piece or there an attachment for the razor that would allow a blade to be fitted?

proxy.php

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There once was a razor that slid the cartridge onto the head. I am guessing that this razor takes those. I dont remember one that fancy though. I will try to find what it was called.

There once was a razor that slid the cartridge onto the head. I am guessing that this razor takes those. I dont remember one that fancy though. I will try to find what it was called.

Actualli I just found it. It was a Gillette Trac 2 Razor. I reemember them being around the house as a kid. Here is a pic for ya:

http://www.razorsdirect.com/catalog/item/3262654/5274083.htm#image_1

Ah that would be it! Cheers.

Looks like both the razor & brush will have to go into the bin. Its a shame because it looked so nice as a set :frown:

I used to use one of those Gillettes for a while. It worked pretty well, although I was always ever-so slightly worried that the blade would slice me, as there is nothing to stop it sliding, because of its slide-on-and-off system. Anyway, it's a nice-lloking set.

Bernd over at shavemac does a rebristling service for brushes, you could get that handle refurbished if its in good enough of a condition

Trade them. I am sure that someone will want them for something. As mentioned, the brush can be refurbished and the razor - er... ah...

Just trade them.:smile:

I ripped all the bristles out of the brush last night in preparation for re-knotting.

Is there a conversion kit to turn it into a DE razor or is that just wishful thinking?:redface:

I think a trade may be in order

Merkur may have made that set, I had one many years ago that was almost identical. Don't sell that razor short the Trac II system may be the best of all the multi blades.

Top Bottom