What's new

What DE razors did I just bought?

Just got those two babies delivered home. Have done some research and I think that the left one is a Gillette New UK long comb and the right one is a Gillette Tech. Can someone confirm this or am I wrong?
Would lie to know the year of manufacture, anyone have any idea of the year?
Bought those two on a Swedish auctionsite for roughly $8 each, looked like crap but some cleaning and polish and they actually look really ok. Tried the left one 30min ago and had a really good shave from it!

20170313_133751.jpg

Do the British ball end techs have date codes on them like the U.S. ones do?

I am far from an expert, but just got a 'Made in England' Tech just like the one above. My understanding is that lack of number indicates it's a 1946-1951 range and probably can't narrow it down any further. Great mild razor with Astra SS for me.

England didn't use date codes.

You have a flat bottom NEW and a England made Tech that's exactly the same as the US postwar Tech. I think England started using that Tech design after 1950, while the US started using it in 1946.

I am far from an expert, but just got a 'Made in England' Tech just like the one above. My understanding is that lack of number indicates it's a 1946-1951 range and probably can't narrow it down any further. Great mild razor with Astra SS for me.
Thank you. I have a gold embossed U.S. tech like that marked Y 3 and that's 1953.

Great razors!
Thank you!
I'm pretty pleased so far. Have tried them both and they shave excellent. The Tech is obviously milder than the New but I'm very pleased with the performance.
And $8 each is just dirt-cheap! Have done even more polishing today and they actually look really ok now.

Top Bottom