What's new

What DE Razor Blades can you find at the local store in your country?

My local high street (Zone 3 London) is pretty good for DE shaving. A few different types of blades, shave sticks, shave creams, brushes, and the Wilkinson Sword Classic DE razor available at good prices.
Out in the sticks is totally different, my nearest big city is Coventry, i haven't been but can't imagine it's any better.

Yep, only Wilkinson Swords at our local supermarket (@$16.30 a pack- $1.63 per blade). I can get Astra SP's from my barber for around $0.60 per blade.... I'm currently still in a phase of trialling different blades via a number of sample packs I have bought from online stores.

Austrlalia (NSW)

Yep, expensive wilkis at the supermarket.

Local shaving specialty store I can spend way to much on Astra SP or Feather.

I'm currently still in a phase of trialling different blades via a number of sample packs I have bought from online stores.
I've found that Connaught Shaving is generally the cheapest per blade, even when you factor in shipping, although some Australian sellers are cheaper for particular blades.

Keeping with the Aussie theme of this thread, my local milk bar sells Bic Chrome Plantinum for $2.50 a tuck. A god send when I first started, before I bought my first 100. Also local barbers have Astra's and Feather's for about $4 a tuck. Not a bad selection really, considering you struggle to get them in supermarkets or chemists without paying exorbitant prices.

We're very limited for choice in Mallorca, so no prizes for guessing that I buy my blades on eBay

Mercadona - Personna Platinum Chrome - €2,35 for 10
Eroski Center - Gillette Platinum - €2,50 for 10

I've never looked in there, but there is a branch of Muller in the Porto Pi shopping mall in Palma and they probably sell DE blades - Carrefour, Lidl, Aldi and Bip definitely don't, and neither do the Farmacias

Curiously, there is a large Chinese shop in Palmanova and they sell Bic Chrome Platinum @ €2,90 for 5

Locally owned pharmacy has the Gillette Stainless in the red pack, but at around $10usd per pack...way too much $ for an ok blade.

I've found that Connaught Shaving is generally the cheapest per blade, even when you factor in shipping, although some Australian sellers are cheaper for particular blades.
Mate .. pointing me in the direction of Connaught shaving was dangerous for my wallet. Until now I have stuck with online stores based in Aus.... but I've just spent a 1/2 hour coveting all the good things on the Connaught site.. I managed to put £100 worth of products in the shopping cart before i decided against hitting the checkout button. You are right though, they have some great blade sampler packs.

Mate .. pointing me in the direction of Connaught shaving was dangerous for my wallet. Until now I have stuck with online stores based in Aus.... but I've just spent a 1/2 hour coveting all the good things on the Connaught site.. I managed to put £100 worth of products in the shopping cart before i decided against hitting the checkout button. You are right though, they have some great blade sampler packs.
Yeah, they're pretty damn good. Cheapest seller of personna med preps (for Aus) that I've managed to find.

Zagreb, Croatia

In center of the city there is a storee with barber and hair dressing equipment.
They keep, derby, personna blue, astra SP, mem platinum, elios, bolzano, and problably I forgot some.
In supermarkets german wilkies, gillette white platinum, sometimes they keep feintechnik's Croma and in mueller dorco. Both supermarkets are few minutes of slow walk from me
Most expensive are GWP 5 blades for 12 HRK (1.7$), german wilkies are under 10HRK always on sale

I ussualy buy in bulk when I'm in supermarket, too lazy to take care how many blades I have left

I'm very limited to Personna's house brand labels (grocery/dollar store) line. The Internet has been a saving grace in this regard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There is an ebay seller with stupid cheap Lord blades within Aus. (racer, crown and sharp star, or is it silver star - can never remember).

I haven't taken the plunge because even at $6 or $7 per hundred I haven't tried the particular blades and don't want to be stuck with them.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
London Ontario Canada.

Wilkinson Sword at WalMart for $5.99/5 or Shoppers Drug Mart for the same blade at $15.99/10. The only two choices I'm aware of in my city of nearly 400,000 people. Shoppers also has Proraso white and green in cream and/or soap for $9.99. No red sadly...

A 30 minute drive took me to this shop. The Artful Badger's Online Store - Free Shipping on Orders of $80 or More! – The Artful Badger where I got my blade sample pack, along with a single tuck each of Polsilver SI and Personna Platinum.

Walmart has a 5-pack of Wilkinson Sword Classic for an outrageous price.
Shoppers Drug Mart has a 10-pack of Wilkinson Sword Classic for an even more outrageous price.
We actually have a wet shaving store here and they have a small selection. Most are around $2.50/5 but premium ones like Kai are $5/5. Better than nothing.
This is in Canada, by the way.

You're doing well zoidberg, i haven't tried the large supermarkets, but none of the local shops (including chemists) stock any kind of DE blade.
If wasn't for t'internet I'd be reduced to disposables or carts.
I have had a similar experience; the razor blades are not being stocked in many stores. Absolutely so chance of any razor either. They are obviously pushing the cartridges. Thankfully the internet is there for my supplies; not that I need any as I have ~ 750 blades.

I'm happy buying online, prices are good and you can watch the telly (snooker at the mo), while you shop.

I have had a similar experience; the razor blades are not being stocked in many stores. Absolutely so chance of any razor either. They are obviously pushing the cartridges. Thankfully the internet is there for my supplies; not that I need any as I have ~ 750 blades.
See above, I obviously can't watch the snooker and click "reply" at the same time.

Zagreb, Croatia

In center of the city there is a storee with barber and hair dressing equipment.
They keep, derby, personna blue, astra SP, mem platinum, elios, bolzano, and problably I forgot some.
In supermarkets german wilkies, gillette white platinum, sometimes they keep feintechnik's Croma and in mueller dorco. Both supermarkets are few minutes of slow walk from me
Most expensive are GWP 5 blades for 12 HRK (1.7$), german wilkies are under 10HRK always on sale

I ussualy buy in bulk when I'm in supermarket, too lazy to take care how many blades I have left
Can you pls give me the adress and the name of that shop in Zagreb :D Thank you

Top Bottom