What's new

What cream or gel do you use in the mornings when you're in a big hurry?

My mainstay, Palmolive cream in a green tube.

I can put a drop on a brush and work up pretty quick face lather.
+1. I find Palmolive cream lathers very quickly on the face too.

Ingrams, LEA menthol and Erasmic in the tubes all face lather very quickly for me too.

I have been known to dig out one of the several bottles of King of Shaves Serum in my collection as well. The key thing for me if I’m pushed for time is using one of the more efficient razors in my collection like the R41 as it does a great job with one pass and touch ups if necessary.

I still have a tube of Cremo that I haven't touched since July, probably. But with a horse brush and a touch of water I can have a nice lather in seconds. Probably 20 or 30 seconds, honestly. But, I enjoy my shaves so I make sure I get up early enough to do them on my own terms.

In a hurry?
Bar soap. Ivory.
Rub between wet hands and apply to face. No brush needed.
Looking for slickness, rather than big lather.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Elegance Plus gel. (I also use it as a pre-shave.) Goes on fast and there's no cleanup. Performs well, too.

I've two litres of the stuff, so I'm set for a long, long time.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Speick or Musgo Real shave cream. They're in a tube, so it's just a bit quicker.

Personally, either shaving gel (Bulldog, air-pressurized) or shaving cream, both used without a brush. And I typically don't have the time in the morning. Some folks have honed their technique to be fast enough even with a brush though:

tube of proraso red i try and make sure i am up with enough time to eat breakfastetc. when i try to rush a shave i make mistakes :laugh: better to be a lil scruffy than go about the day with an itchy red face

I used to use a can of foamy but haven't for several years. I more commonly reach for a cream in a tube, such as Speick or Proraso, when in a hurry.

I have a flexible work start time, so I have the luxury of taking the 15 minutes on the morning. That said, if I foresee having limited time in the morning, I'll shave the night before and try to make it a slightly closer shave. I have realized that shaving the night before provides a socially acceptable shave but isn't as smooth as I am used to.

Arko is one of the fastest, never takes me more than 45-60 seconds to get thick lather while face lathering with a Plissoft monster. Comparable to my gillette sensitive gel, only canned foam works faster.

I grab a real easy to lather soap and a stiff brush. Tabac Tallow for example with a smaller boar brush. There is NEVER an excuse to grab canned foam.

Top Bottom