What's new

What cream is most similar to JM Frasers?

JM Frasers has been my favorite cream for a long time and the 450ml tub I’ve had for years is finally almost gone. I see they don’t make and sell it anymore so what is the closest thing to that which y’all would recommend?

Look at Vitos Extra Super Coco which comes in a 1000ml block. Not expensive at around $10-15, but comes from Italy so shipping will add to that.

1666360026445.png

I've used a tub of JM Fraser's. It's great stuff.

It is no better or worse than any other scoopable cream (TOBS, GFT, etc). It had value going for it and made in Canada.

Your best bet is to match ingredient list and order to another mass marketed soap maker like Vito's or Cella. Their ingredient list wasn't anything luxurious or fancy.

Last edited:
I don't get how this is like Fraser which is a brushless cream.

Maybe @malocchio will know?
Fraser's can be used with a brush or without. It lathers very well, unlike many so-called brushless creams. If you look at the ingredients it is basically just a shaving soap with extra water.

Vitos is like Fraser's in that it is a very simple product based on Stearic Acid and Coconut Oil, marketed primarily to barbers, performs very well and you get a large amount for very cheap.

I was kind of expecting @brucered to recommend Proraso Blue cream in the tube. 😁

Fraser's can be used with a brush or without. It lathers very well, unlike many so-called brushless creams. If you look at the ingredients it is basically just a shaving soap with extra water.

Vitos is like Fraser's in that it is a very simple product based on Stearic Acid and Coconut Oil, marketed primarily to barbers, performs very well and you get a large amount for very cheap.

I was kind of expecting @brucered to recommend Proraso Blue cream in the tube. 😁
Ha. I actually had a suggestion typed up but deleted it

Buy some blue, squeeze it into a tub, let it dry out a couple weeks and you are good to go.

I've done it both ways. Made Haslinger into a cream and tubed soft cream into a soft soap.

It's easy and works perfectly both ways.

Can't say .... never used Fraser
Fraser's and Boosters AS were all rage back in 2010 when we joined....at least for me being a Canadian. From what I read, the Covid shut down hurt their small batch makers and suppliers and they never recovered. They have always had the "being discontinued" stigma attached to them but never seem to go away, so hopefully they can make a comeback.

They are both fantastic products but marketed towards barbers. Plain labels, bulk sizes, low cost. If you were to repackage it and rebrand it as a luxury line and quadruple the price, B&B members would be kicking and scratching to get it.

It was still available up until a few years ago from an old local guy here who sells out of his garage with cats walking around (no joke). I'll have to check again to see if he has any.

Ha. I actually had a suggestion typed up but deleted it

Buy some blue, squeeze it into a tub, let it dry out a couple weeks and you are good to go.

I've done it both ways. Made Haslinger into a cream and tubed soft cream into a soft soap.

It's easy and works perfectly both ways.
I’ve used the Proraso green croap but never the blue or the cream in the tube format.

How does the blue Proraso tube compare to the white tube?

I’ve used the Proraso green croap but never the blue or the cream in the tube format.

I'm a bit biased as I feel Proraso Blue is just about the greatest lather product out there. When you factor in ease of acquiring (amazon.ca for me), the metal tube and the cost, it's tough to beat. It's better in my view

If I get to my Fraser's dealer, I'll let you know.

Here's a guy in Toronto selling R.P. Williams shaving cream from Williams Beauty Products Inc, Toronto. I had the idea it's made by Fraser's/Booster, you could ask for an ingredients list. It has no fragrance though.
1666560148828.png

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm a bit biased as I feel Proraso Blue is just about the greatest lather product out there. When you factor in ease of acquiring (amazon.ca for me), the metal tube and the cost, it's tough to beat.
Sir, I have the exact same feelings for the Ever-Green ever since the latest Super Formula version has been released. Furthermore, here in Italy I can buy it EVERYWHERE and it costs only €2,50.

I personally like them both equally, for me it is more about the smell than anything, the blue does have more fragrance into it than the white and of course the smell is different, performance wise I do not see much difference

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I can't remember where I read it, but several years ago I read that JM Fraser's manufactured creams for the North American market for Truefitt and Hill. This would have been around 2017-18. T&H No. 10 was specifically mentioned.

I still have about one half of a giant tub of JM Fraser's, and an unused smaller tub of their Mosswood scented cream. I will really miss their cream. I thought it was a top notch product.

Reactions: jfl
I'm a bit biased as I feel Proraso Blue is just about the greatest lather product out there. When you factor in ease of acquiring (amazon.ca for me), the metal tube and the cost, it's tough to beat. It's better in my view

If I get to my Fraser's dealer, I'll let you know.

It’s a winner! A little different in feel than Frasers but it’s definitely top tier. Too bad they don’t sell it in bulk 500ml packs like the green version else it would really be a killer value.

EFCAA088-A267-4333-AC85-B3C49B6E982E.jpeg

Top Bottom