What's new

What could you give away?

To get someone in economic hardship on their way with a years worth of shaving kit to save them the cost of carts? We talk and joke a lot about acquisitions here, but now may be a great time for some distribution. Some of us have spent thousands on razors, yet can only use one at a time. If we can afford to own dozens of razors then we can probably afford to give some away. People will be looking for ways to cut costs. Beards will not be an option where masks are required. I'm going to keep an eye out for people in my community of connections that I could introduce to wet shaving and entice them with free kit.

two PIFS already posted!!

I have boxes of stuff I'd gladly give away to those in need. But how do we find the ones that truly need it? Perhaps a trustworthy B&B'er who knows communities where a mass PIF could be distributed? Just thinking out loud here.

I already did this with a complete wet shaving kit to one of my neighbors as a gift when he returned from the hospital. Of the things I have left, the only thing I would be willing to part with is anyone of my synthetic brushes.

Please, someone take the synthetic brushes.

Yes, the PIFs to frontline workers are super, and generous. They deserve our thoughts, prayers and appreciation. But at least they're working. I was thinking of the many people who aren't necessarily heroes, but are facing economic hardship where every dollar spent every month is going to come under new scrutiny. No need to organize anything. People will cross our paths in weeks and months to come.

Yes, the PIFs to frontline workers are super, and generous. They deserve our thoughts, prayers and appreciation. But at least they're working. I was thinking of the many people who aren't necessarily heroes, but are facing economic hardship where every dollar spent every month is going to come under new scrutiny. No need to organize anything. People will cross our paths in weeks and months to come.

I've thought a little about it.

I think it would not work. Why I'm saying this.

We don't have shaving foams and gels or carts. At least the vast majority of us. What we have looks like extraterrestrial objects to most of men out there, they have no idea these exist, they don't know how to use them. In these times, nobody cares about learning how to shave our way. They didn't care prior to this extreme situation, let alone now.

What would work is to help people that are within the traditional wetshaving community and are in need for whatever reason.

If any of our members is in need and actually needs some products to shave with, he knows where to find us (in this thread). My inbox is open too.

I would gladly share my hoard of shaving supplies, if only I could find someone willing to use them. I am not talking about current forum members; I am talking about those who currently shave with electric shavers or cartridge razors. When I talk about my interest in traditional wet shaving, most people have no clue what I am talking about and others think I am crazy.

I already did this with a complete wet shaving kit to one of my neighbors as a gift when he returned from the hospital. Of the things I have left, the only thing I would be willing to part with is anyone of my synthetic brushes.

Please, someone take the synthetic brushes.
Really! I've got four razors that I would give away and lots of soap, but not much for brushes. Send them to me and I'll give them away!

Top Bottom