What's new

What company has largest share of your wallet

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My expenditure has been spread quite wide. The only brands that have had more than £50 out of me in the last 10 years, are Edwin Jagger, Phoenix and Beau, and Merkur. While I'm not sure of exactly how much I spent with them, they have certainly had less than £100 each.

If you look in your shave cabinet what company has the largest share of your dollar. The top three for me are Proraso, Gillette, and Merkur. Prorasso at 35%, Gillette at 21% and Merkur 18%. The rest is spread over about 6 different companies. I would also say that of all the companies Proraso will continue to expand that lead. Thanks for your input.
For me, its a tossup between Gillette, Stirling, Barbsol and Omega. All of my razors are Gillette, although most of them were made over 40 years ago. I do have a Gillette Heritage and a King C though. All of my brushes are Omega, you cant beat them for value. Most of my soap right now is Stirling, again, cant beat the value. All of my aftershave now is Barbsol Brisk. When you live 10 minutes away from where Barbasol is headquarted and you can order a 6-pack of Brisk online and have it arrive at your door in 2 days, you cant beat it.

Merkur definitely have the most of my money and I finally pulled my finger out and snapped some pics of them all. I'm not addicted, honest......

IMG_20210426_114038539.jpgIMG_20210426_113339453.jpgIMG_20210426_113308476.jpgIMG_20210426_113251898.jpgIMG_20210426_114038539.jpgIMG_20210426_113339453.jpgIMG_20210426_113308476.jpgIMG_20210426_113251898.jpgIMG_20210426_113231364.jpgIMG_20210426_113206181.jpgIMG_20210426_113115149.jpg

I look and see where I have spent my money and I have really spread it around to many different companies. Starting out I thought Amazon would be a dominate vendor but it really hasn't been. I am surprised at how many times I have purchased directly from the artisan's themselves. Maggard's is a top vendor for me mainly because of their sample selection. It helps keep everyone honest if you spread it around. I am in construction and have found if you rely on one vendor their prices creep up.

My top three:
Razors: Gem/asr
Blades: Personna (injectors, gem, de)
Soap: PAA

Blackland comes in at a close second to my collection of Gem razors, though realistically I have way more money in various straight razor manufacturers than those two.

#1 Feather. I have 700 blades. 400 were bought for $16 per hundred 200 were bought at $25 per hundred and the last 100 were $30. So, all in its $144.

#2 Rockwell. $90 for a 6S.

#3 would be Mitchell’s, but I’m not sure you should count soap. I’ve got the crock $35 and three pucks at $14 each. Total $77.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Probably Blackland Razors:

Blackland Razors Blackbird Brass SB & OC
Blackland Razors Blackbird Stainless SB & OC
Blackland Razors Blackbird Titanium SB
Blackland Razors Dart
Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blackland Razors Vector OC & SB

:cool:

I thought it would be Simpson with 2 brushes, but turns out that my army of Yaqis beat that. I had to check Aliexpress, because who can remember, right? €165 on Yaqis vs €110 for the Simpsons.

Executive Shaving Company, Wilkinson Sword and Prorasso are the main ones for me.
I buy a lot from Executive Shaving Company through their Amazon storefront as they have quite a lot available as Click and Collect (my nearest Cick and Collect is at the end of my street and it avoids the "did you really need more shaving stuff?!" questions from my wife 😂).

They have great customer service but I could never get my head around their pricing structure of DE blades. They currently have 100 Astra SPs for £47.50! And that's on sale!!

I buy a lot from Executive Shaving Company through their Amazon storefront as they have quite a lot available as Click and Collect (my nearest Cick and Collect is at the end of my street and it avoids the "did you really need more shaving stuff?!" questions from my wife 😂).

They have great customer service but I could never get my head around their pricing structure of DE blades. They currently have 100 Astra SPs for £47.50! And that's on sale!!

I love the Executive Shaving Company, there customer service is amazing. I recently ordered 4 Styptic pencils from them ( I meant to order 2 but I somehow accidentally ordered 4 ). When they arrived I opened the box and was surprised to see 6 Styptic pencils. Later that day I get an email from their finance manager explaining that their entire stock was damaged at the base but was still usable. So to make up for them being damaged they sent me an extra two for free. As for their pricing structure I noticed that x100 blade pack's are cheaper if you order directly from the manufacturer. For example: 100 Wilkinson Sword Classic Blades currently cost £34.50 from the Executive Shaving Company on a sale price. Meanwhile On Wilkinson Swords website they are £29.99.

Ehh, lets see. It stands between proraso (got two of their brushes (one I got for free) and have a few soaps from them, as well as their preshaves. And Supply, due to the price of their stainless steel razor.

Third spot goes to Merkur due to the price of their progress razor. Got their slant too, but again, I got it for free. So not counting it.

Razor blade wise, personna dominates. Got a little under 200 of their DE red blades. A ton of their injector blades and one dispenser of their GEM blades.

Top Bottom