What's new

What company has largest share of your wallet

In order of payouts in descending order
  1. ebay - vintage stuff in wet shaving
  2. Razorock / Italian barber (Multiple copies of everything branded RR)
  3. Simpsons 5 finest / best badger brushes
  4. Timeless everything polished (SS / Pre new 2020 slim models)
  5. Above the Tie everything SS
  6. Karve CB Razor everything brass / ss
  7. Phoenix Artist Accoutrements everything multiple
  8. Stirling soaps everything soap
  9. B&M everything soap
  10. Other smaller buys WCS, Maggards, wholly kaw, Muhle,Parker, Pearl, Rex ambassador

For creams soap (in descending order): Proraso, Lea, Wilkinson Sword

Blades (in descending order): Gillette (Astra and Permasharp blades plus Guard cartridges), Personna Injector blades.

Razor handles apart from the Guard are mostly vintage or used. Only new ones are the Broman and that was £35 GBP followed by my Edwin Jagger DE89BL at around £25. Then less than £20 for all others combined!

Most likely stirling is good for over or close to 50% of my shaving cabinet.
The rest is all over the place.

Paladins.jpg

It seems Paladin shaving is the winner for me.

Ebay, Facebook marketplace for vintage hardware.
Amazon for software and blades.
At 46 years old the only new razor I've ever purchased was recent...a Gillette Heritage on Amazon. I haven't even opened the shipping carton.

Currently, I have two Simpson SiLVERTiP brushes so probably that. I have a Wolfman razor with stand that put it a close second. For software, I think it must be Barrister and Mann.

Vintage Razors: Gillette, Weber, Gem, Everready, Star, Probak, B1 Autostrops and Schick
Blades; over 500 of Wilkinson Sword, Shark, Israeli Reds, Treet, Astra SP and some vintage
Then there's the brushes mostly boar and Horse, some vintage
Soaps: Cella, Vito's, Arko and VDH
Many Shave bowls from Thrift stores

I don't spend much on each item but when looking at it all, it really has added up. I think if I was to sell it all, the wife and I could go on a nice vacation lol. But I'll probably will keep adding to it, even though I say I want to go back to being minimalist.

Top Bottom