What's new

What combo should I use for shaving off my Corona beard?

I don’t think I will buy a new razor so I you have a choice of the Baili 176 or the R41, but I am open to buying/using any blade, soap, cream, or preshave.

However, if you really do think I do need to buy a new razor for this, please tell me why and which one.

Thank you.

I'd suggest trimming the excess off with scissors or beard trimmer first, then the R41. The open comb deals better with thick hair, and does not clog so easily. For prep, a warm shower (not too hot) and something like Noxeema, Prep, or Proraso pre-shave rubbed in and left on for a few minutes. Rinse and apply your favorite lather from cream or soap.

I'd suggest trimming the excess off with scissors or beard trimmer first, then the R41. The open comb deals better with thick hair, and does not clog so easily. For prep, a warm shower (not too hot) and something like Noxeema, Prep, or Proraso pre-shave rubbed in and left on for a few minutes. Rinse and apply your favorite lather from cream or soap.

+1! Yes indeed! Trim your beard, then the R41 (and treat that puppy with respect)! :punk:

FWIW

I went with the R41, Astra Superior, generous amounts of Tabac lather, and no pre-clippering.

Mowed straight through it without hardly any tugging at all.

A+ experience, would shave Corolla beard like this again.

Top Bottom