What's new

What clay masks do you recommend/use?

I have been using Anthony's Deep Pore Cleansing Clay. Its all right I guess, but honestly for the price I feel I there is better out there. I wont be purchasing it again.

I think the next clay mask will be the cheaper, been around the block, reliable & cheap "Mint Julep" face mask by Queen Helene. I have heard It will clear up any acne & diminish large pores. I have been using their "Mint Julep" deodorant with much success. They have been around a long time. Its a classic brand thats cheap & effective. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I've only tried the QED clay. I think I recall that the info sheet mentioned that some types of clay "don't draw". I assumed clay was clay, but judging from the price levels of different products, there's either a difference or a lot of marketing BS (probably both).

I agree. QED French Green Clay with Da Vinci Water. I actually just did it for the first time a few minutes ago. Awesome stuff!

Anthony Logistics is great, nice sting as it draws out all that gunk, boots own clay mask is good for the price (5.99) but although Anthony Logistics is over 3 times the price you do use a lot less when claying up.

There's a line and you guys crossed it! My wife would leave me if I was to wear a face mask

Amen, brother!

I'd never hear the end of it if I did something like use a face mask... although she does pester me about my "rough hands" all the time.

Amen, brother!

I'd never hear the end of it if I did something like use a face mask... although she does pester me about my "rough hands" all the time.

Yes, I respect what your saying, but its not like your standing at the barbeque grilling steak for your buddies, all the while sporting an almond & oatmeal face mask :lol:

Alls you gotta do is, just slap one on in the evening while your downstairs having a beer watching UFC, and no one has to be none the wiser except for yourself, and which begs the question, why would one care only so much about the condition of only half of your face as far as shaving? :001_huh:

I learned to use mine prior to showering. The first time I tried the mask, I tried washing it off in the sink. It was messy and tedious.

I learned to use mine prior to showering. The first time I tried the mask, I tried washing it off in the sink. It was messy and tedious.

Excellent Advice, I also use a mask before bathing. Then use a washcloth to remove it rather than splash water on to remove the it.

I personally like to use a mixture of kaolin clay and colloidal oatmeal* and mix equal parts and use milk or cream to make my mask the desired consistency. And just mix up enough for a single use because your not using a preservative in it. It's a simple and effective DIY facial mask. It doesn't need to be expensive to work great!

*colloidal oatmeal can be found in your grocery store. Just go to the isle where the flour and sugar is and look for a small bag of flour labeled "oat flour". If you can't find that, then take "old fashioned" oatmeal (the kind you eat for breakfast) not instant or quick cooking type and take about 1/4 cup and run through your blender on high until you have a powder. It won't be as fine as the oat flour but I've used it many times like that before I discovered the oat flour without any problems.

I've always used the DaVinci water, but I assume plain water would work just as well. I've fiddled around with consistency, and found I like the mix to be on the wet side. It makes it easier to apply, and it dries quickly. If you've ever iced a cake and used a "crumb coat", that's how I do it.
A "crumb coat" is a light, quick, initial coating. Once that's down, its easy to go back, fill in missed area, etc.

Top Bottom