What's new

What car did you have + wish you still had + why ?

1998 BMW E36 M3

Best at car I have driven. Since, I have had other BMWs, a Porsche, Honda S2000 and a few other vehicles. Nothing has come close. It was the perfect car. Impeccably well made. Fast, tight and amazing. I regret selling it to this day. I keep looking for another but haven't found one in reasonable shape yet that isn't ridiculously overpriced. I still can hear the sound of starting the 240hp monster of an inline 6. Seems like low hp compared to what is produced today but the Motorsport tuners knew exactly how to finesse every bit of power out of that engine.

Last edited:
1984 Porsche 944, first car I learned to drive on. Got it for 3.5k but was really proud of it. Month after getting it a guy rolled through a stop sign and it was a heap of broken steel and glass. Miss the cockpit raddle.

1968 Barracuda 383. Wish it was the Hemi but beggars can't be choosers. Why? Do I really need to answer why I wish I still had a piece of Mopar history?

Something like this - hydropneumatic suspension FTW!

$1.jpg
Still the most comfortable car I've ever driven. All other seats give me backache.

$1005228.1968.Oldsmobile.Cutlass.S.2-Door.Convertible.jpg

Red 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible with a white rag top. It was actually my parents' car, but it was the car I learned to drive in, and I passed my driver's license exam in that car. Was a creampuff, and I still miss it. Alas, it fell victim to my parents' bitter divorce.

This one is easy, 1978 Mercury Cougar XR-7, 351ci V8, Blue with a white top.

Sigh..... I miss that car.

Comfortable ride, plenty of power (amazingly I never got a speeding ticket in it), and built like a tank.

Have plenty of good memories with that car, and a couple of how did I manage to live through that memories too.

Managed to almost rip the drivers side door off with a telephone pole ( one of those how did I live through that one moment ) slapped a new one on and it kept going.

Sadly the transmission gave out (did I mention how much power that V8 had) and I had to put her down.

Hated the replacement I got until I managed to get an 1987 Cougar, that was a good car but nowhere near as good as the 78

Sigh..... I miss that car.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I never owned one, but if I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't buy a Porsche or BMW- I would buy a 1966 Pontiac GTO convertible with a 389 Tri-Power. Round stacked headlights (Pontiac's best look ever) and louvred tail lights. 8 MPG- An American tradition (name the movie :001_smile)

Not my car, but before I was born my father had a Toyota 2000GT. When I came along he had to get a "family car", and the GT was traded in.

It would be worth about $250k now. Dad has never let me forget it.

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/collectible_classic/0803_1967-70_toyota_2000gt/

David, dont faint;

1967 Toyota 2000GT most expensive Asian car ever sold at $1.2M

proxy.php

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-TOYOTA...aa9d96204&item=320677175812&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
proxy.php

Rare 1967 Toyota 2000 GT Hits eBay for $650,000

mswofford

Rest in Peace
1978 Pontiac Trans Am in solar gold. Ordered it from the factory built the way I wanted. Had it for many years, my 2 sons got old enough to drive during that time. My older son eventually got a used 1976 of his own. Best handling car I ever drove. I was a state trooper and instructor in Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) and knew what hot police cars were. The Trans Am would do 145 mph on radar on a closed course, matched only by a Plymouth police package I was issued in new in 1971. Price: an even $6000!

Top Bottom