What's new

What can you tell me about Eufros?

Just ordered a few Eufros soaps from WCS. Wanted to hear what you like(or dislike) about them, how they compare to your other best soaps etc. Hopefully WCS won’t take 2 weeks to get them shipped like last time!

They are good soaps, worth using. Pre WCS stocking them, imo it was an unnecessary pain to figure out what he had, order them and the costly shipping and waiting 2 weeks for oft times dented tins. With all the great artisan soaps made in the US it fell off my radar. I may revisit it depending on the scents stocked.

Elite all around performer with great scents. I can’t think of another soap maker with so many different scents that I like so much. They’re classy and interesting but not too far out there.

And I’ll give SV an edge on slickness and WK an edge on post shave feel... but Eufros can hang with anything I’ve tried in terms of all-in shave experience.

@SonofdavidS you've got yourself one of the very best shaving soaps on this planet, I've tried the much-revered MdC, SV 4.3, Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk, Valobra, Haslinger and a few other soaps in that league and needless to say they all perform almost flawlessly but personally I would rank Eufros Tallow on top of all these. I received a sample of Eufros Ylang Ylang from a generous member, used half of it and found the performance on top of anything else that I had tried before. Scents can be quite subjective, you would hardly ever find someone saying they were not impressed by a Eufros scent.

@SonofdavidS you've got yourself one of the very best shaving soaps on this planet, I've tried the much-revered MdC, SV 4.3, Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk, Valobra, Haslinger and a few other soaps in that league and needless to say they all perform almost flawlessly but personally I would rank Eufros Tallow on top of all these. I received a sample of Eufros Ylang Ylang from a generous member, used half of it and found the performance on top of anything else that I had tried before. Scents can be quite subjective, you would hardly ever find someone saying they were not impressed by a Eufros scent.
What did you think of the scent of Ylang Ylang?

One of the top soaps. Interesting, unique and good scents along with stellar performance. Right up there with SV, DG, B&M, MdC, Tallow & Steel, Mike's Natural Soaps, Cold River Soap Works, etc.......... I have most of the Eufros scents and they all are unique and great!

I love, love, LOVE Eufros soaps and balms. Incredible scents and performance. My favorites would be his Tobacco, the Rosa Bourbon, and the Fougere. Incredible soaps!

What did you think of the scent of Ylang Ylang?

I once contact Manuel Garcia who makes these soaps and asked him what the most-lightly scented Eufros would be. He said Ylang Ylang and GEA have the weakest scent strength of all. Ylang Ylang is made out of three essential oils: Ylang Ylang, orange, and Patchuli, the scent is relatively light, fresh and less complex floral with a little hint of citrus (probably from orange essential oil), I'd pick a little bit of spicy note from that scent, hardly detectable. Personally, I would find it out of this world, I keep smelling the sample bag everyday, not kidding you!) Mind you that Ylang Ylang along with Coronos are more expensive than the rest of other Eufros soaps, by 7 or 8 dollars only, and that is perhaps because of the Ylang Ylang essential oil which is quite expensive. If I were you, I would buy it from WCS before it is gone.

When I opened opened Gea for the first time I wasn't sure whether to shave with it, eat it or put it in my coffee.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I once contact Manuel Garcia who makes these soaps and asked him what the most-lightly scented Eufros would be. He said Ylang Ylang and GEA have the weakest scent strength of all. Ylang Ylang is made out of three essential oils: Ylang Ylang, orange, and Patchuli, the scent is relatively light, fresh and less complex floral with a little hint of citrus (probably from orange essential oil), I'd pick a little bit of spicy note from that scent, hardly detectable. Personally, I would find it out of this world, I keep smelling the sample bag everyday, not kidding you!) Mind you that Ylang Ylang along with Coronos are more expensive than the rest of other Eufros soaps, by 7 or 8 dollars only, and that is perhaps because of the Ylang Ylang essential oil which is quite expensive. If I were you, I would buy it from WCS before it is gone.

Hate you... :001_smile

Ylang Ylang ordered from WCS...

Just shaved with Eufros Fougere this morning. Wonderful scent and incredible lather. Very thirsty, but definitely at the very top of my list. Comparable to DG, WK, GD and Mikes.

Just shaved with Eufros Fougere this morning. Wonderful scent and incredible lather. Very thirsty, but definitely at the very top of my list. Comparable to DG, WK, GD and Mikes.
That’s great news! I’ve got Tierra Humeda & Lima Especias on the way.
I hope WCS will start stocking more of the balms as well.

You can’t go wrong with a soap from Eufros. The Fougere is a clean, fresh, and wonderfully green take on the scent. I would definitely recommend that one. The Ylang Ylang, as has already been noted, is also a winner. I have a jar of the Ylang Ylang that doesn’t seem to want to die.

I just used Cronos for the very first time the other AM. I have to admit that I wasn't blown away by the scent off of the puck, but OMG! once lathered, the scent was incredible. I now own six Eufros soaps, all of which I love. You really can't go wrong with any of these soaps!

Top Bottom