What's new

What can give me the closest possible shave ever?

So i have been shaving my head bald for about a year now and i have tried almost everything, safety razors, cartridge razors, straight razors, etc. Every time i shave though on my head there is still barely visible shadow no matter what technique or razor and blade that i use. i really want that proper bald look where its nothing but skin and 0 hair or shadow. is it even possible to somehow get a closer shave when wet shaving? or is there always gonna be light shadow no matter what way i shave? i am going to try other cartridge razors hoping that one of them might give me a closer shave than what im getting now. also yes of course i am shaving against the grain every time.

so does anyone know of a razor or anything that gets the closest shave possible?

I normally have a bit of a shadow where the hair still grows the thickest (mainly the back). I shave every day and it really doesn't matter with what- it'll always be there. Typically, the closest shave I get is with an Atra or Trac II cartridge. Don't let the 2 blades fool ya- they're spaced wider apart than the 5 blade things like a Fusion or whatever. It's also a bit of a rougher shave than the Fusion but the end results are still the same with the shadow. I haven't tried the newer DE blade razors like the Twig or the Leaf. They may provide a closer shave since those blades are also spaced further apart than the 5 blade carts. Maybe give one of those razors a shot.

I shave my face, but even if it is BBS to the touch, you can see where the stubble would be (aka shadow). That's just how it is. Does it feel smooth to the touch in all directions? if yes, that is the best you will get.

It's definitely possible to get rid of all shadow and achieve a BBS everywhere, but you might not always be comfortable achieving that result. At a certain point, you have to accept that your shave is close enough, or else you might pay the price with irritation and razor burn if you chase BBS too aggressively

lasta

Blade Biter
It's definitely possible to get rid of all shadow and achieve a BBS everywhere, but you might not always be comfortable achieving that result. At a certain point, you have to accept that your shave is close enough, or else you might pay the price with irritation and razor burn if you chase BBS too aggressively
Yes, bowling ball for a day, chicken skin for a week. High price for sure!

I feel exactly same!!

If your hair is is a contrasting color to your skin, you will always see some shadow, even if you shave off the stubble below the surface of the skin. As you age, the hair will start to turn grey and maybe even white like mine. If you have a light complexion, you will no longer be able to see a shadow. If you have a dark complexion, the contrast will be even greater than when you were younger.

Try St. Ives Apricot Scrub a day before in the shower.

prep your skin with two hot towels. Wait 5 minutes each.
Bigelow cream lather and put on head. Then a third hot towel.

Prepare lather as usual.

MILD blade. Closed comb. Three pass head shave. Front to back. Back to front. And lift the skin up for the ears.

For finishing there is Argan oil, raw shea butter or try aftershave with a glycerine.

It may not apply to headshaving, but on my face a Schick E2 with a Chick blade provides an effortless BBS everytime. Closer than ANY DE.

Every time i shave though on my head there is still barely visible shadow no matter what technique or razor and blade that i use. i really want that proper bald look where its nothing but skin and 0 hair or shadow. is it even possible to somehow get a closer shave when wet shaving? or is there always gonna be light shadow no matter what way i shave?
Dark hair will always show on light skin and black hair will show on any skin colour. The roots and base of the hair will always remain to be seen no matter which razor you use. If you want a true bald scalp try waxing or laser treatment.

As others have said, if you have light skin and black or very dark brown hair... you aren't going to get rid of the shadow completely. Your skin is actually translucent enough to see dark hair underneath light colored skin.

People have actually done videos where you can see the remaining hair under the skin. It is pretty neat!

I bought one of the units like he's using for my daughter, though I haven't gotten to using it to inspect my shaving job (yet?). They're pretty cheap if you buy direct from China. You just plug it in your computer and it acts like a webcam.

Top Bottom