What's new

What camera and photo gear do you use?

You are giving me quite a lesson and I'm thankful. The 35mmL is a very sharp lens. I can't imagine how sharp the 100mm macro is (would love to see some shots with that lens).

Have a look here, there's a number of shots taken with the 100mm, including some macros
Appreciate your kindness but I'm definitely not up to teaching anything to anyone... [emoji4]

Canon XTi
Sigma 17-70 C
430Ex II

I process with Affinity, which is a very nice option if anyone is looking into software options.

Cheers!

How does Affinity compare to Lightroom?

I don't want to give a comparison, but only because I didn't give Lightroom a fair shake on a Mac platform. I only used LR on a trial, and didn't find it very intuitive. I used a few CS versions prior, and found affinity covered all the bases I used in post at a price that made more sense for me.

Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR and EOS Rebel T2 35mm SLR. Those are the bodies I use. I do, of course, have a range of lenses I use, including the Sigma 50mm Art Lens. I'm looking to raise money for the EOS Rebel T7i Video Creator Kit, which will allow me to upgrade my DSLR body, and use my T6i as my backup DSLR.

Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR and EOS Rebel T2 35mm SLR. Those are the bodies I use. I do, of course, have a range of lenses I use, including the Sigma 50mm Art Lens. I'm looking to raise money for the EOS Rebel T7i Video Creator Kit, which will allow me to upgrade my DSLR body, and use my T6i as my backup DSLR.

Sounds like a good set up to me :thumbsup:

Canon 5D Mark 3
EF 50 mm f/1.4
EF 50 mm f/1.8
EF 85 mm f/1. 8
EF 40 mm f/2.8 stm
EF 135 mm f/2 usm L
EF 16-35 mm f/4 IS USM L
EF 24-105 mm f/4 IS USM L
Tamron sp-70-300 mm f 4-5.6 di vc usd
Tamron 70-200 mm f/2.8 di vc G2

Canon 1200 D
EF-S 24 mm f/2.8
EF-S 10-18 f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

Canon 5D Mark 3
EF 50 mm f/1.4
EF 50 mm f/1.8
EF 85 mm f/1. 8
EF 40 mm f/2.8 stm
EF 135 mm f/2 usm L
EF 16-35 mm f/4 IS USM L
EF 24-105 mm f/4 IS USM L
Tamron sp-70-300 mm f 4-5.6 di vc usd
Tamron 70-200 mm f/2.8 di vc G2

Canon 1200 D
EF-S 24 mm f/2.8
EF-S 10-18 f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

Outstanding group of glass! I have a 24-105 f4 L on the way. Its focal length range will be nearly perfect for the family get together photos.

It's a fantastic and sharp lens. You'll cherish it for years. Is the mark ii the new version?

Thank you :thumbup:

I ended up getting a second hand version of the first release, but yes the Mk II is the new release. I've not thoroughly rung it out but have been taking some informal images here and there. This focal length range is probably the most useful to me, particularly for family gatherings. My "dream lens" would be something like a 17-85mm f4 but I don't believe they make anything as such in the L series. I can see this lens being in use the vast majority of the time!

I've read reviews of the new mark ii, it's heavier and not that much sharper. So I'm holding on to my copy :D

Look up a youtube video comparing the new lens with the first version by christopher frost photography. He does honest reviews without prejudice or leaning to the
Thank you :thumbup:

I ended up getting a second hand version of the first release, but yes the Mk II is the new release. I've not thoroughly rung it out but have been taking some informal images here and there. This focal length range is probably the most useful to me, particularly for family gatherings. My "dream lens" would be something like a 17-85mm f4 but I don't believe they make anything as such in the L series. I can see this lens being in use the vast majority of the time!
manufacturer.

Enjoy your lens!

I thought it might be interesting to list my cameras in order of most use to least use, more or less.

Olympus XA2
Olympus Trip 35
Rolleicord
Olympus 35 SP
Nikon FG
Nikon F80
Bronica SQ-B
Fuji X100s
Nikon D7000

I thought it might be interesting to list my cameras in order of most use to least use, more or less.

Olympus XA2
Olympus Trip 35
Rolleicord
Olympus 35 SP
Nikon FG
Nikon F80
Bronica SQ-B
Fuji X100s
Nikon D7000

Wow, that's quite an extensive lineup. Thank you for sharing :thumbup:

Fuji X100S

Nikon D7000
Tokina 100mm Macro (awesome lens)
Nikon 20mm f3.5 MF lens
Nikkor 35mm G DX
Nikkor 50mm 1.8 D
Nikkor 28-85mm 3.5
Nikkor 80-200mm F4, MF, very old and a beast.

SB-26 flash and a few older nikon flashes.

Top Bottom