What's new

What brush for less than $40

So I am a few weeks into this DE thing. I bought an Escali badger off of Amazon for $15 thinking I would try out the brush and soap idea. I told myself if I was hooked I would upgrade my brush.

So what are some nice brushes one could pick up for less than $40.

Brad

"*Hell* get urself an omega 10049 and call it quits, its an AWESOME brush once it breaks in."

You know, I sort of hate to admit it, but the Omega 10049 is the brush I use and enjoy most often. Because it's a little damp near the ocean where I live, I have two so that I can let them dry out between uses. But if I could figure out a way to justify buying another (handle color?) I'd buy another. :tongue_sm

West Coast Shaving has 'em for $9.

Jeff

"*Hell* get urself an omega 10049 and call it quits, its an AWESOME brush once it breaks in."

You know, I sort of hate to admit it, but the Omega 10049 is the brush I use and enjoy most often. Because it's a little damp near the ocean where I live, I have two so that I can let them dry out between uses. But if I could figure out a way to justify buying another (handle color?) I'd buy another. :tongue_sm

West Coast Shaving has 'em for $9.

Jeff

You need to "justify" buying a $9 brush? :blink::blink:

Its more fun and you connect with the little bugger. You can custom make it the way you like. Finally if you don't like it you can probably sell it here for what you have in it.

Under $40, you're much better off going with a high quality boar brush, as you'll be making a bunch of compromises with the vast majority of badgers at that price.

I am now totally brushless, but from what I have read, the Semoque boars are hard to beat. I'd look into one of them first. My Simpson badgers are too expensive.

The Omega Boar from Amazon is a great starter brush and if you have a Prime account it's only $15.95.

Ian Tang has some really good sub-$40 badger brushes on Ebay I just ordered the #Warwick Buttersotch finest which has some of the best reviews for a non-handmade brush I've read about.

- Brad

Top Bottom