What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Well, I finally made enough of a dent in my cigar stash that has been resting since November and December when I joined you all here in the deep end. I’ve been back on the auction sites stocking up.

CAO BRASILIA robusto x20
AVO CLASSIC robusto x10
AVE MARIA 8ct sampler box
Alec Bradley Prensado toro x5
Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill x10
Alec Bradley Prensado lost art toro x5
Alec Bradley Texas Lancero 7x70 box of 10
Alec Bradley Tempus Natural quadrum robusto box of 10
Alec Bradley Mundial perfecto x5
Caldwell Lost and Found paradise lost toro x10
CAO V660 flathead x20
Caldwell long live the king corona x5

None. I'm in the days of vengeance here in the mid-summer, and my interest in pipe smoking is at an ebb. I'm sure I'll have a smoke or two this week, especially the weekend mornings -- but that'll be indoors in the A/C.

None. I'm in the days of vengeance here in the mid-summer, and my interest in pipe smoking is at an ebb. I'm sure I'll have a smoke or two this week, especially the weekend mornings -- but that'll be indoors in the A/C.
Well, that didn't last long. Blue Room Briars' 15% off sale ended today, so I grabbed a new estate pipe: Georg Jensen 09 Sandblast Billiard with Brass Estate Pipe – Blue Room Briars - https://tinyurl.com/zp5wrbz I wanted a straight dark sandblast billiard, the kind that are used in so many of the vintage ads Columbo has posted in the Codger Cabin thread.

Screenshot_20210729-062140_Chrome.jpg
My first big boy order!

My new-to-me billiard from Blue Room Briars has reached my city, but who knows if I'll see it before Monday! My leaf order from P & C I don't expect until Monday or Tuesday.

The Georg Jensen billiard is at my employer's mail room! Con: It's a good half mile away, and the heat here is such that camels refuse to travel around in it. I'll drive by and pick it up on the way home.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Since I placed the order less than five minutes ago, I'm going to be waiting a while, but I've got 8 oz. of Gaslight and a tin of Mac Baren Royal Twist coming from SP. Oh, and another Dunhill. Just like my first Dunhill, it was under $200, so I had to. It was actually $5 cheaper than my other one.

004-002-29735.9125.jpg

004-002-29735_1.7617.jpg

004-002-29735_2.2380.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-120736-226.png

Just scored a peterson for the collection. Peterson is a brand that I don't have many of. Not sure why other than the others seem to go on sale more often. Scored this Rocky donegal 999 estate from ebay. Needs a little cleanup but not bad shape.

Screenshot_20210830-183548_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210830-183533_eBay.jpg

Arrived today:
Country Squire 50th Anniversary Blend (1 tin)
Country Squire Blue Ribbon (1oz)

Once Sleepy Hollow is released that will round out all my tobacco purchases for a while.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Just scored a peterson for the collection. Peterson is a brand that I don't have many of. Not sure why other than the others seem to go on sale more often. Scored this Rocky donegal 999 estate from ebay. Needs a little cleanup but not bad shape.

View attachment 1319883

View attachment 1319884

Are the Silver banded Donegals out of production now? I never see them for sale new.

Are the Silver banded Donegals out of production now? I never see them for sale new.
I'm not really sure. But come to think of it all I see are nickel bands. I need more petersons and need to learn more about them. Think I only have one peterson briar. Two counting the 999 when it gets here.

I’ve been eyeing that pipe as well. Beautiful. I’m surprised it went unsold for as long as it did.

I was surprised too. I kept talking myself out of it, and finally lost the battle. I don't know why that particular prince caught my eye, but I love the lines of it.

Top Bottom