What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Oh no! USPS might have you waiting a bit.
I've had much better luck with USPS. If I'm not home, as I'm usually not, UPS delivers to a drop-off point -- an auto parts store about 2 miles away. Sounds good, right? Nope. The manager there is a mask nazi. Wouldn't even look at my doctor's letter and accused me of lying about it. I got him in serious trouble with his boss (heh heh heh), but even if I hadn't I wouldn't go back there. I'll either have stuff delivered to my work, which will mean an extra day's wait, or if the packet is small enough, to my mailbox at home.

That's good! For me, USPS is, well, they're not quick enough to be slow. Big Brown and FedEx is much better. But I'm very glad the Post Office works for you.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I love the USPS. I sit on the porch every morning and get progressively more excited ar the sound of hoof beats as the rider comes closer and closer to deliver my mail. Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop.....Oh the joy!

An Altinay meerschaum similar to Long Island Pipe Club's POTY (I missed out on that buy.)

proxy.php

Still waiting for my Sutliff and Granger order to move out of West Virginia! USPS Tracking says the label's been created, but nothing more.
Three weekdays now, and the USPS site shows that the package hasn't moved from W. Virginia. Did they forget about it, or just forget to update the tracking?

Three weekdays now, and the USPS site shows that the package hasn't moved from W. Virginia. Did they forget about it, or just forget to update the tracking?
The United States Postal Service is really up against it. First, not many States thought to make letter carriers (in the streets mailman) Essential, so they've been dropping like flies from covid. And there's really no room in the budget for hiring temporary workers. So large cities and smaller towns are really suffering. Baltimore and DC both are operating somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of their standard staff.

While I doubt they "forgot" about it, it's very possible it fell through the cracks, or that in the past three days there hasn't been a pickup from there. Or the person that updates the tracking is out.

The United States Postal Service is really up against it. First, not many States thought to make letter carriers (in the streets mailman) Essential, so they've been dropping like flies from covid. And there's really no room in the budget for hiring temporary workers. So large cities and smaller towns are really suffering. Baltimore and DC both are operating somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of their standard staff.

While I doubt they "forgot" about it, it's very possible it fell through the cracks, or that in the past three days there hasn't been a pickup from there. Or the person that updates the tracking is out.

Never mind, RG -- the site says it's out for delivery today, Thursday. Maybe you were right in thinking "the guy who does the updates is out."

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Here's a 'good stuff' one that has been a painfully long wait: I have a Vauen sterling spigot coming from Germany. It was ordered last December.

What a headache. Three pipes, almost five months, five transatlantic shipments. It had better be a Wunderbar Smoker. Vauen assures me it will be. It wasn't Vauen's fault (it was the dealer's). But Vauen graciously took care of it.

This third one, shipped directly by Vauen, finally reached NYC customs today. That means delivery later next week ... unless USPS manages to mess it up. This one languished in Frankfurt for nearly a month.

Moral of the Story: resist buying a German pipe in Germany if it's not sold here.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Here's a 'good stuff' one that has been a painfully long wait: I have a Vauen sterling spigot coming from Germany. It was ordered last December.

What a headache. Three pipes, almost five months, five transatlantic shipments. It had better be a Wunderbar Smoker. Vauen assures me it will be. It wasn't Vauen's fault (it was the dealer's). But Vauen graciously took care of it.

This third one, shipped directly by Vauen, finally reached NYC customs today. That means delivery later next week ... unless USPS manages to mess it up. This one languished in Frankfurt for nearly a month.

Moral of the Story: resist buying a German pipe in Germany if it's not sold here.

It has finally arrived. Die Deutsche Zapfen-Raucherpfeife. And with some included goodies from Vauen for my troubles.

I'll post some photos in the next day or two. It vaguely resembles the pipe in those eighty-five year old SWR ads. But without the stench.

Top Bottom