What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I've ordered a packet of Sir Walter Raleigh and one of Half & Half. Old School for sure. I've never smoked 'em, but positive comments here and on smokingpipes (and their low price) convinced me to try. Of course i can always mix in a little of the aromatic chocolate-and-maple I've been using.

By the way, can you still buy pipe cleaners at the store, like Walmart? I'd thought maybe you could find them in the craft section. Or would I have to go to a smoke shop?
Smoke shop unless you're crafting with the kids unfortunately.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've ordered a packet of Sir Walter Raleigh and one of Half & Half. Old School for sure. I've never smoked 'em, but positive comments here and on smokingpipes (and their low price) convinced me to try. Of course i can always mix in a little of the aromatic chocolate-and-maple I've been using.

By the way, can you still buy pipe cleaners at the store, like Walmart? I'd thought maybe you could find them in the craft section. Or would I have to go to a smoke shop?
Both are very good. Once you learn to smoke these OTC blends you will find more than you expect. Their secrets a lay hidden to the less gentle smokers.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Both are very good. Once you learn to smoke these OTC blends you will find more than you expect. Treat gently and smoke slowly and their secrets will be revealed.

By the way: You can indeed find pipe cleaners -- under the name "Fuzzy Sticks" -- in the craft department at Walmart. Just .97 for a packet of 25. They are longer than the usual pipe cleaners, so I guess you could snip them in half and have 50. At first glance they look skinnier than the usual ones, too, but when I opened the packet and took one out, it was almost as thick as the ones I still have from Tinder Box years ago.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
By the way: You can indeed find pipe cleaners -- under the name "Fuzzy Sticks" -- in the craft department at Walmart. Just .97 for a packet of 25. They are longer than the usual pipe cleaners, so I guess you could snip them in half and have 50. At first glance they look skinnier than the usual ones, too, but when I opened the packet and took one out, it was almost as thick as the ones I still have from Tinder Box years ago.

If you buy tobacco online, most of the major vendors sell a full line of accessories including cleaners. Regular, brush, extra-long and extra-thick.

A 100-pack of regular BJ Long cleaners (US made) are usually a couple bucks and are a good toss-in, especially if you are just shy of free shipping thresholds.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Now, I'm waiting on a vintage (and rare???), Cuban H. Upman cigar glass jar humidor that I got off Etsy! :thumbsup:

A little back ground is provided;

"By 1900, the Cuban Upmann cigar company developed a new method of packaging some of its cigars. They put 25 or 50 of them in a heavy glass jar. The cigar was called the Amatista (Amethyst), a lightly box-pressed, longish Petit Corona, at 40 x 5.7 inches. The jar itself was lined with Spanish cedar and its contents promoted as “factory fresh.” The lid had three large metal clips to secure it tightly.

The Amatistas reportedly had a very smooth wrapper the color of a brown paper bag. The flavor profile was that of “caramel, buttered toast, almonds and earth,” according to a longtime smoker.

The Upmann Amatista jars were very popular in the 1950s and 1960s, but were completely discontinued by 2002. Only 5,000 jars are produced in years that Habanos, S.A., the state-run Cuban cigar entity, made them.

BTW, I'll outfit it with humidification simply by throwing in a couple of Boveda packets and closing the lid. You could also mount your own humidification device under the jar’s lid using distilled water or either silica gel or a super-absorbent flower-foam / polymer".

Cigar Jar - 1.jpg
Cigar Jar - 2.jpg
Cigar Jar - 3.jpg
Cigar Jar - 4.jpg
Cigar Jar - 5.jpg
Cigar Jar.jpg

proxy.php
"A cigar [humidor] ought not to be [used] solely with the...hand, [but with] the eyes, and with the spirit". Zino Davidoff

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I just ordered a tin of GLP Windjammer and a Tsuge Spider Robustly from SP. I probably shouldn't have ordered anything; money's tight at the moment (everything is fine; just had a bunch of bills come due at the same time), but I've had my eye on that Tsuge for a while, and it was finally back in stock.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I just ordered a tin of GLP Windjammer and a Tsuge Spider Robustly from SP. I probably shouldn't have ordered anything; money's tight at the moment (everything is fine; just had a bunch of bills come due at the same time), but I've had my eye on that Tsuge for a while, and it was finally back in stock.

Is the Spider the shape they used to market for DrewEstate?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Is the Spider the shape they used to market for DrewEstate?
It looks like it, but I haven't been able to determine if the bowl is removable or not, like on the Drew Estates. I actually got it as a companion for my Drew Estate Tradesman.

“Good stuff” is subjective, but I have some Sutliff Matured Red Virginia, Red Virginia Ribbon, and Frosty Mint, Cornell & Diehl Three Friars, Peter Stokkebye Turkish, and some D&R Ramback Gold that should be showing up today.

I bought somewhat large quantities, for me anyway, but am finally pinpointing what I like. I’ve only smoked the Frosty Mint and Three Friars before, so hopefully I didn’t overdo it.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Waiting on some small-order tinned odds and ends: a couple Windjammers, a couple Bengal Slices (still replenishing my English shelf), and looking to try out the new MB Vanilla Roll Cake (which people seem to really be liking).

Waiting on some small-order tinned odds and ends: a couple Windjammers, a couple Bengal Slices (still replenishing my English shelf), and looking to try out the new MB Vanilla Roll Cake (which people seem to really be liking).
That Vanilla Roll Cake intrigued me when I saw the announcement of it... I have had a couple vanilla aro's I liked well enough, but still have so much of it cellar'd. lol I don't reach for aro's as much as VAPer's.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
That Vanilla Roll Cake intrigued me when I saw the announcement of it... I have had a couple vanilla aro's I liked well enough, but still have so much of it cellar'd. lol I don't reach for aro's as much as VAPer's.

Same. But it’s a nice palate change of pace ... the occasional beef to seafood. Keeps the beef interesting. And Mrs. Columbo and houseguests enjoy the aeros.

What piqued my interest on this one is the more recessed and higher quality topping. More restrained than the usually-restrained Danish aeros. A bad vanilla tastes like a mouthful of jet-puffs. Blech.

Top Bottom