What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Well I was hoping that all I got during December would be it for a while. Well, I was a touch wrong. SP dropped some GH&C blends so that hope went out the window. Got some American Delite and Kentucky Nougat are inbound along with a new tamper. 😎

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Just put in an order with Eddie. I think the value of the Savinelli Series III pipes just cannot be beat!
View attachment 1203907
I’ve enjoyed My Savi III’s more than my other Savis. I prefer unfinished pipes over finished as the briar is able to Breathe in the absence of stain and varnishes and they color beautifully as you smoke them. Sydney Ram never finished his pipes and they are my favorites.

Screenshot_20210110-101510_Chrome.jpg
Not as much Virginia as I was initially thinking of ordering, but there's still enough there to age nicely. And a few of the more polarizing blends.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
View attachment 1206703
Not as much Virginia as I was initially thinking of ordering, but there's still enough there to age nicely. And a few of the more polarizing blends.

That looks like a good assortment. I had to use tobaccoreviews.com to find out what some of them were, but they all look like they should be Rookie-friendly. :) When you've tried the Stonehenge, you've tried GH Louisiana Flake too. Same blend, two different markets. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Erinmore, as I haven't tried that yet.

As you say, many of those should age very nicely

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
View attachment 1206703
I just jarred up a pound of Sutliff Mature Red Virginia. I’ve never been much of a VA fan but this stuff has turned me around. It’s mellow with no rough edges. I spent the day packing and loading the pod so I didn’t get to smoke much but had a bowl of it on my last break. Very nice indeed. I’m going to mix some 50/50 with some Ready Rubbed. I believe they will get along famously. 😊

I wasn't really a fan of Virginia until I tried some aged about 3 years. That turned me around on it. So I'll cellar some for a while and see what happens.

Al, that's interesting about Stonehenge. I had always thought it was a more watered-down version. And I'll let you know about Erinmore.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
That looks like a good assortment. I had to use tobaccoreviews.com to find out what some of them were, but they all look like they should be Rookie-friendly. :) When you've tried the Stonehenge, you've tried GH Louisiana Flake too. Same blend, two different markets. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Erinmore, as I haven't tried that yet.

As you say, many of those should age very nicely
Erinmore reminds me of Jusy Fruit chewing gum.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Al, that's interesting about Stonehenge. I had always thought it was a more watered-down version.

As I understand it, it's a collaboration between Pease and Gawith. Stonehenge sold by Pease over there, and Louisiana Flake sold by Gawith over here, but it's all the same stuff.

Erinmore reminds me of Jusy Fruit chewing gum.

I've read that, but I've also read reviews saying it's only lightly topped. I don't know if it's batch differences, differences of (unintentional) ageing, depending how long it's been in the warehouse, or just different pipes and tongues. I'll probably try it in a couple of years or so, when I need my next Cavendish aromatic.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
As I understand it, it's a collaboration between Pease and Gawith. Stonehenge sold by Pease over there, and Louisiana Flake sold by Gawith over here, but it's all the same stuff.

I've read that, but I've also read reviews saying it's only lightly topped. I don't know if it's batch differences, differences of (unintentional) ageing, depending how long it's been in the warehouse, or just different pipes and tongues. I'll probably try it in a couple of years or so, when I need my next Cavendish aromatic.
It will ghost a pipe. When I smoke I want to taste tobacco not a concoction of whatever.

Currently waiting on a pound and a half of bulk Sam Gawith FVF bought from a friend of mine, and also waiting on a few pouches of GH Revor Plug from another friend that was part of a Synjeco group buy.

And a single tin of a much-desired blend from a new friend I met here on B&B.

All of these packages are in transit, but USPS is a disaster in my area right now. Half the time, the mail doesn’t even run on a given day. USPS is doing their part to make sure I only smoke aged tobacco! 😂

Top Bottom