What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Time to sweet talk the wife. Saw an asymmetrical volcano I like. There is about a six month lead time, so maybe someone can talk me down.

Who am I kidding. I’ve been here too long to think that could happen.
9A8B6DAA-874E-452E-9C3D-6548EB66CD3D.jpeg
E83FB95D-E168-41CA-9AF9-8B1DCCEE317D.jpeg
E61E24F6-8ABF-4713-8CF8-F04B99E97DC7.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've been curious about St. Bruno...please let us know what you think.
I will. I’ve read and watched a lot of reviews and all were good. I’m just curious to try a British codger blend. Seems a bit expensive but seems to cost about the same here as in the UK. It should be delivered today. Unusually quick delivery from P&C.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've been curious about St. Bruno...please let us know what you think.
Ok, here goes:
Pouch note - vinegar a la McClelland
Cut - broken flake - dark
Blend - appears to be about half and half VA and DFK. Whatever the mix, it is extremely well balanced.
Lights easily right of the pouch and burns cool and well with minimal re-lights.
Flavor - tobacco with light floral notes and adequate sweetness. Not really an aromatic except for definition.
Nicotine - medium +
Fullness - medium
Taste/mouth feel - full roundness, mellow and pleasant aftertaste.
Copious smoke.
All day blend - without question.
Tongue bite - If you can get it to bite, you need to attend to your body PH.
Room note - not determined but expect just a pleasant inoffensive tobacco odor
Ghosting - not likely.
Codger blend? In my opinion, yes and a very good one.
Would it meet “Desert Island” qualification? For me it would.
Overall, this is not a blow your socks blend but it is a pleasant to the extreme blend for me.
Strongly recommend. You may love it, you may not love it but I believe you will at least like it. There is simply nothing I can think of that wouldn’t be liked.

Last edited:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Ok, here goes:
Pouch note - vinegar a la McClelland
Cut - broken flake - dark
Blend - appears to be about half and half VA and DFK. Whatever the mix, it is extremely well balanced.
Lights easily right of the pouch and burns cool and well with minimal re-lights.
Flavor - tobacco with light floral notes and adequate sweetness. Not really an aromatic except for definition.
Nicotine - medium +
Fullness - medium
Taste/mouth feel - full roundness, mellow and pleasant aftertaste.
Copious smoke.
All day blend - without question.
Tongue bite - If you can get it to bite, you need to attend to your body PH.
Room note - not determined but expect just a pleasant inoffensive tobacco odor
Ghosting - not likely.
Codger blend? In my opinion, yes and a very good one.
Would it meet “Desert Island” qualification? For me it would.
Overall, this is not a blow your socks blend but it is a pleasant to the extreme blend for me.
Strongly recommend. You may love it, you may not love it but I believe you will at least like it. There is simply nothing I can think of that wouldn’t be liked.
Thanks Steve, I'll have to give it a whirl.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've been naughty.

Sulking at been plunged back into a second lockdown (even though it doesn't affect me much), and needing to order some vape juice anyway, I added some tobacco.

GH Ennerdale (1 x 50g tin)
GH Coniston Cut Plug (1 x 50g tin)
GH Firedance Flake (1 x 50g tin)
Peterson’s Irish Flake (1 x 50g tin)
GH Reunion Bourbon Flake (1 x 25g pouch)
GH Reunion No. 27 Perique Flake (1 x 25g pouch)
Germain's Royal Jersey Perique (1 x 25g pouch)

My Sutliff order has been delivered to my P.O. Box. Now I just need to make a trip to the Post Office. 4.25 pounds of tobacco goodness is sitting there.
On another note: this little jewel should be delivered by Tuesday, Nov 3. An Abe Herbaugh creation. My first of his. Bought it from a fellow on another forum and felt fortunate to get it. I'm calling it my "Pending Retirement Gift to Myself", at least if anyone who matters asks about it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Waiting on a tin of the Sutliff Crumble Kake No. 1 and some of the ES 4th Generation Morning Blend (bulk). Hopefully the latter is as good as the tin offerings ES has and that SP keeps the bulk blend option available for some time.

Top Bottom