What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Today, I 'pulled the trigger' and am waiting on a brand new (23yrs old...some say 'rare', in original tin, with instructions and UPC code), 1997 Premier Issue Cigar Aficionado [CA], Lighter (matte black textured finish with the CA plaque affixed to the front & protected with crystal clear enamel coating / laminate for durability [no cheap paper sticker here, boys]).
proxy.php

zippo-cigar-lighter-jpg.1089643

zippo-cigar-lighter-1-jpg.1089645

zippo-cigar-lighter-2-jpg.1089646

After postal receipt...I'll replace the standard Zippo liquid gas insert with a Thunderbird - Butane, blue torch, clear bottom tank Insert.

Also, I'll get it engraved with my initials, birth date and the quote...To Smoke is Human; To Smoke Cigars is Divine! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"The most tangible of all visible mysteries [is a Zippo]". Leigh Hunt

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[
proxy.php
Today, I 'pulled the trigger' and am waiting on a brand new (23yrs old...some say 'rare', in original tin, with instructions and UPC code), 1997 Premier Issue Cigar Aficionado [CA], [which came out "Vol. 1 No.1 Autumn 1992"...I got a mint copy I saved all these years in a plastic sleeve. BTW, I also have a copy (also in plastic), of CA Autumn 1995...w/ a 'capital' article on Sir Winston Churchill.] Lighter (matte black textured finish with the CA plaque affixed to the front & protected with crystal clear enamel coating / laminate for durability [no cheap paper sticker here, boys]).
proxy.php

Lighter Buffs:
Additional text in blue above.
Correction Image.gif

proxy.php
[Zippo:]"Always works—or we fix it". Zippo lighter slogan since 1937

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It's been a very long time since I placed a tobacco order. For the last few years, I've just popped into a small newsagents in town, and picked up 25g of some loose G&H a few times a year. Lockdown has scuppered that, so I've ordered a tin each of Squadron Leader, Best Brown Flake, Full Virginia Flake, and Bob's Chocolate Flake. I figured I'd get some stuff that the local shop doesn't have.

Bob's Choc Flake and Squadron Leader are actually a couple of favourites of mine, but it's rare for me to buy more than 25g at a time, so it's been a while. The gawiths hadn't remerged last time I had them. I've not tried the other two yet, but heard good things about them. I don't think I've ever had that much pipe tobacco in my possession at any one time before.

They also sell the vape juice I use, which I buy from another shop that lockdown scuppered. So I've stocked up on that too... and at 25% less than I normally pay!

Guess I'll have to see how CD/Warped The Red Hunt compares to other the small batch Carolina w/ Perique I missed on. Maybe in five years when I finish off some open jars and try the other warped offereings.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well . . . I did place an order from Smoking Pipes. Pressed a silly button so it is coming UPS rather than USPS. UPS is pretty much vampire bloodsucking for shipments going from the US to Canada. It is gonna hurt.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well . . . I did place an order from Smoking Pipes. Pressed a silly button so it is coming UPS rather than USPS. UPS is pretty much vampire bloodsucking for shipments going from the US to Canada. It is gonna hurt.

You might be able to email them to modify the shipping.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I probably overstated the disaster. Most likely 25 bucks more for processing and they are deadly accurate on application of duty charges. I'll live.

I placed my first internet order for pipe tobacco and got a MM little devil, some PA, And Peterson’s early morning pipe. Said in stock when i placed my order, however my receipt says back ordered:(

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I placed my first internet order for pipe tobacco and got a MM little devil, some PA, And Peterson’s early morning pipe. Said in stock when i placed my order, however my receipt says back ordered:(

I stick to Smoking Pipes and Tobacco Pipes myself. Kbven is also a very reliable source as well,

Top Bottom