What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

He gets me every time. I can usually talk myself off the ledge, but this one overwhelmed the defenses...
I can see why.. I'm not usually a fan of that over all shape, and I'd have most likely pulled the trigger on that one had I spotted it first.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
proxy.php

Unsmoked Sav. 320 estate for $60.00, couldn't pass up even though not the finish I would have chosen if paying full price.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Cigarinistas:
proxy.php
I've replaced ('trashed' is a better word), my old travel humdor with a new
Prestige Import Group - The Novelist Leather Book (Brown) - Travel Cigar Humidor
View attachment 1010417
View attachment 1010419
View attachment 1010420
  • Holds 5 to 10 [doubtful...see reveiws] Cigars | Color: Brown Leather
  • Removable Cigar Tray | Magnetic Lid Closure
  • Guillotine Cutter, Humidifier [hope to replace this unit w/a small rhshield humidifier tube] and Silver Hygrometer Set [hope it's removable so I can calibrate it using the salt method]
  • Perfect for traveling or Hiding in Book Shelf.
  • Size: 10-1/4"W x 6-1/2"D x 1-2/3"H
proxy.php
"A cigar in the humidor is worth two in the bush"! Unknown Author

Christopher,
What a classy design for a travel humidor. I would be curious to hear the quality of craftsmanship once you receive it.

A Jan Pietenpauw rhodesian made of mopane wood.

proxy.php

Beautiful pipe! I had to look up mopane wood. It surprised me that it's commonly used in certain instruments, since I'm fairly familiar with a number of tone-woods. Very cool!

That looks like it'll be fun to admire while smoking. Very cool.

proxy.php

Unsmoked Sav. 320 estate for $60.00, couldn't pass up even though not the finish I would have chosen if paying full price.

It's a classic pipe shape to have. The wide chamber makes it particularly well suited for English based blends. Enjoy!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Christopher,
What a classy design for a travel humidor. I would be curious to hear the quality of craftsmanship once you receive it.[...]
Erik:
From what the reviews say...may not be 'top-shelf', but the quality and workmanship (before changes, adjustments etc...[in blue]), is above par with it's price.
Shoulder Shrug.jpg

proxy.php
"[Like a good humidor] Some people meditate, [some] smoke cigars". Ron Perlman

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Christopher,
What a classy design for a travel humidor. I would be curious to hear the quality of craftsmanship once you receive it. [...] Enjoy!
Erik:
I'll definitely well 'season' (very inch of cedar), this humidor for a few days w/ distilled water, check the hydrometer (salt test), and humidifier (after soaking in distilled water or replacement altogether), before I put any of my smokes inside, plus I promise to write a review of this 'book' at a later date.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"A cigar in the humidor is worth two in the bush"! Unknown Author

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Erick:
cigar-jpg.849848
As in the enclosed pics...sitting on our office table, this humidor holds only seven (7), Fonseca Cosacos Cigars (5¼ x 42), w/o the tray.
Shoulder Shrug.jpg

NOTE: I would advise not using the tray all together because if you 'season' the inside of the humidor and tray and place the tray in the humidor...'swelling' of the wood during this process will make the tray unmovable (w/o difficulty).

Or the other hand, if one 'seasons' the tray alone...equally it will not fit in the humidor (w/o some pressure and/or light force thus rendering your humidor a 'total write -off).

Travel Humidor - 3.jpg

Will not hold Churchill’s vertically though (short by at least ½in). :001_unsur

The hydrometer was factory set (I did salt test it…no adjustment needed), and I'm currently using the included plastic [foam] humidifier, by will replace it with a Sm Rh Shield humidifier as soon as it arrives by post. :thumbsup:

Travel Humidor - 4.jpg

My early assessment...well made for the price, it's holding up good, looks good (the Mrs. thought it was a book), and maintaining 70% humidity (going on 4plus...I'll keep a eye on it).
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Erick:
cigar-jpg.849848
As in the enclosed pics...sitting on our office table, this humidor holds only seven (7), Fonseca Cosacos Cigars (5¼ x 42), w/o the tray. View attachment 1013723

NOTE: I would advise not using the tray all together because if you 'season' the inside of the humidor and tray and place the tray in the humidor...'swelling' of the wood during this process will make the tray unmovable (w/o difficulty).

Or the other hand, if one 'seasons' the tray alone...equally it will not fit in the humidor (w/o some pressure and/or light force thus rendering your humidor a 'total write -off).

View attachment 1013717

Will not hold Churchill’s vertically though (short by at least ½in). :001_unsur

The hydrometer was factory set (I did salt test it…no adjustment needed), and I'm currently using the included plastic [foam] humidifier, by will replace it with a Sm Rh Shield humidifier as soon as it arrives by post. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1013718

My early assessment...well made for the price, it's holding up good, looks good (the Mrs. thought it was a book), maintaining 70% humidity (going on (4plus) days before humidifier ‘re-charge’.
proxy.php

proxy.php

It looks great, Christopher. Do you intend on actually traveling with it? The excess space in the humidor makes me think that the cigars will rattle around quite a bit. A bit of sanding on the edges of the tray should correct the swelling issues.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Erik:
About the excess space...yeah...I think that might be a problem while traveling (which the Mrs. and I do often), but I would try to carry different sizes to make-up for the space...plus how the top lid is made to 'recess' (can't think of the proper wood-working term), into the top lip of the humidor...it seems to have a good 'seal' [“whoosh”] and I hope for a 'snug' fit to hold them in place.
proxy.php

And you're right (what was I thinking? Why didn't I think of that?
proxy.php
), of course...sandpaper on the tray...duhhh. :001_rolle

proxy.php
"A cigar [humidor] ought not to be [used] solely with the...hand, [but with] the eyes, and with the spirit". Zino Davidoff

Last edited by a moderator:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Peter Heinrich Curly Block.

It is going to be a looooonnnngggg wait. SP wants me to wait 12 weeks to see if the tobacco moves. Normally I'd see a scan at LaGuardia as it gets on the plane to Canada and another on arrival in Canada. But things are stuck.
dispair.png

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Peter Heinrich Curly Block.

It is going to be a looooonnnngggg wait. SP wants me to wait 12 weeks to see if the tobacco moves. Normally I'd see a scan at LaGuardia as it gets on the plane to Canada and another on arrival in Canada. But things are stuck.
View attachment 1017706

I wasn’t going to grab another log but your post has stoked the fire again. Dang.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
:001_rolle good news on the Peter Heinrich Curly Block today. USPS returned the package to SP and claimed the customs form was not on the package (SP says it is right there on the package). SP re-shipped it today.

Top Bottom