What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Estervals order:

HU Nashville County
HU Makhuwa
HU Directors Cut
Dan Ascanian No.2

proxy.php

Ok, so I'm not a cigar smoker and I wouldn't know a good cigar from a tube of sawdust (well, I guess I probably would). I'd like to get some good cigars for Christmas day for some of my relatives visiting for the holiday as a bit of a surprise (so I'm not asking them for advice). Can I get some recommendations? I think I'd like to get Cuban Montecristo #3. Why? I'd like to try some Cuban cigars if I can and it might be a treat for my relatives. Bad idea??? Any better ideas? Recommendations on where to buy online Cuban's (if that's a good option) or should I look locally?? I'd look for non-Cuban's locally.
Thanks.

Ok, so I'm not a cigar smoker and I wouldn't know a good cigar from a tube of sawdust (well, I guess I probably would). I'd like to get some good cigars for Christmas day for some of my relatives visiting for the holiday as a bit of a surprise (so I'm not asking them for advice). Can I get some recommendations? I think I'd like to get Cuban Montecristo #3. Why? I'd like to try some Cuban cigars if I can and it might be a treat for my relatives. Bad idea??? Any better ideas? Recommendations on where to buy online Cuban's (if that's a good option) or should I look locally?? I'd look for non-Cuban's locally.
Thanks.
I personally think most Cuban cigars are way overrated. If you order some online, expect about a month for them to arrive(usually from Europe).

I'd recommend some good Nicaraguan cigars... take a look at the RoMaCraft Cromagnon line of cigars.

I personally think most Cuban cigars are way overrated. If you order some online, expect about a month for them to arrive(usually from Europe).

I'd recommend some good Nicaraguan cigars... take a look at the RoMaCraft Cromagnon line of cigars.

Thanks. Quick search of some online sellers and most sellers are out of stock or back ordered on most of their cigars. A few had some. I’ll look locally before trying online again.

- Ken
[emoji1690]

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

IMO Cubans are like the Burley blends for pipes. Flavors are subtle and if you are used to big cigars a Cuban is almost a hot air experience. I really love them, but the price and hassle of getting them as well as questionable construction definitely diminish their appeal. All the above are a result of smoking quite a few of them back in the day, and a few more recently thanks to the generosity of a friend. If you never tried a Cuban you owe it to your smoking self to try a few, and you will get bonus points for passing out Cubans to the fam.

My favorite cigar is an Avo XO Intermezzo, about $10-12 each. I like a mild smoke with good smooth flavor. This one never disappoints!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Thanks.

If the relatives are not inveterate cigar smokers, I’d keep it mild and not too large. Unless you are planning on a box, your best bet might just be the recommendations of a local cigar shop.

I agree with the others, Cubans are a bit overrated and a bit overpriced. All the best cigar-making families got out after ‘59 and make terrific sticks elsewhere now. I don’t chase Cubans anymore, and I do sip a lot of burley when piping. I certainly wouldn’t throw Cubans at novice smokers.

If the relatives are not inveterate cigar smokers, I’d keep it mild and not too large. Unless you are planning on a box, your best bet might just be the recommendations of a local cigar shop.

I agree with the others, Cubans are a bit overrated and a bit overpriced. All the best cigar-making families got out after ‘59 and make terrific sticks elsewhere now. I don’t chase Cubans anymore, and I do sip a lot of burley when piping. I certainly wouldn’t throw Cubans at novice smokers.

Thanks. I’ve received some recommendations for more than a few Nicaraguan made cigars and several online sellers that I’m looking into.

- Ken
[emoji1690]

Mike H

Instagram Famous
2 pounds of Dark Fired from Whole Leaf
Tins of And So To Bed, Dorchester, Tillbury, and Dunbar from 4 Noggins.

Top Bottom