What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Discussion in 'The Brown Leaf' started by The Count of Merkur Cristo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Kentos

Kentos Moderator Emeritus

I also don’t smoke English blends much anymoretoo, but the tragedy would be to trade it all away and then fall in love with them again.

2. Shave_Rat

Shave_Rat Moderator

Especially since the bulk of the latakia blends I have stashed are no longer available, at least not for any reasonable prices. lol

3. OK, hopefully my last pipe purchase of 2019 even though we are only 2 months in. I’ve been wanting one of his Dublins from a while and that perfect ring grain sealed the deal. At 1oz. It should be the perfect clencher, looks like the ultimate Virginia/VaPer machine to me... E9676D70-DD25-4CEF-A6CC-034E3D735D88.jpeg

4. Price

Price Moderator Emeritus

Damn, Aaron...that is stunning.

5. Thanks, I held out a couple days but said to myself, you don!t see a ring blast like that everyday and might not for while. He consistently does great ring blasts but this one seemed a bit deeper, which I like, so I doed it.

6. ChefJohnBoy-ardee

ChefJohnBoy-ardee Contributor

Woof! Wow. Just wow.

7. Price

Price Moderator Emeritus

You doed well, dude.

8. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

I just commissioned a Brian Orton Tree Stump, which is his take on a poker with his tree bark finish. I already have a tamper done the same way, which pushed me over the edge.

9. Kentos

Kentos Moderator Emeritus

Can’t wait to see it

10. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

He said about 2 weeks, so it won’t be long.

11. Price

Price Moderator Emeritus

A particular pipe from a particular Taiwanese carver caught my eye a couple years ago on a Scandinavian pipe shop's website. It wasnt really "my type" of pipe, but i found it incredibly interesting for some reason. I wasnt willing to fork over the coin at the time, but kept an eye on it for several months until, inevitably, it sold.
    As luck would have it, this exact pipe showed up on SP as a lightly smoked estate earlier this year. I took this as a sign, and vowed that if it was still available on IPSD, I would make it mine.

And so, my IPSD purchase for the year is winging its way toward me, three years after I first set eyes on it.

12. Claudel Xerxes

Claudel Xerxes Moderator

That sounds like the making of a novella. :001_smile I can't wait to see it!

13. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

Can’t wait to see it.

14. A box of Undercrown Shades.

15. An estate Ardor.

20190220_141410.jpg

16. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

I think the slightly darkened bamboo is a plus- kind of like patina.

17. Just ordered a Charles Towne Cobbler from SP. Hopefully it'll be here next week.

R/
    Dave

18. Another 5lb bag of Arango Balkan Supreme on the way. :thumbsup:

19. I am looking forward to get GL Pease Navigator and the G&H brown Flake Scented.

I like the 1792 Flake much.... so I hope the brown Flake is similar.... Thank God for smokingpipes.com!

20. Alacrity59

Alacrity59 Moderator Emeritus

Nice. I like the Undercrown Shades . . .