What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
E736C99D-CEDC-4575-9017-9C693ADE4F57.png
The great thing about Pittsburgh- all 3 pro teams have the same colors.

I just got tracking info- are we there yet? :lol:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Intameresting... is it a butane or fluid lighter?

Fluid. It’s an apparent knockoff of an old French lighter from Flamidor. They also have knockoffs of a bunch of vintage lighters for relatively small money. If the quality is as good as I hope I will likely buy a few more vs. getting clapped out vintage ones on eBay.

AliExpress takes now takes PayPal so my worries about CC fraud are gone. When they first launched it was a concern.

Fluid. It’s an apparent knockoff of an old French lighter from Flamidor. They also have knockoffs of a bunch of vintage lighters for relatively small money. If the quality is as good as I hope I will likely buy a few more vs. getting clapped out vintage ones on eBay.

AliExpress takes now takes PayPal so my worries about CC fraud are gone. When they first launched it was a concern.
I've gotten tons of stuff from there with no issues. Gotta be patient with the shipping though its snail mail. I don't mind the wait though. You can get some good stuff there. I've got a few lighters, shave brushes, tons of fishing stuff. All has been good so far. If an item doesn't arrive they are pretty easy to deal with. Just gotta keep in mind the time differences and slight language barriers.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've gotten tons of stuff from there with no issues. Gotta be patient with the shipping though its snail mail. I don't mind the wait though. You can get some good stuff there. I've got a few lighters, shave brushes, tons of fishing stuff. All has been good so far. If an item doesn't arrive they are pretty easy to deal with. Just gotta keep in mind the time differences and slight language barriers.

That’s good to hear.

Got three colors of fiebings leather dye coming. Hard to choose lol. Settled on dark brown, black, and oxblood. For estate restorations, cobs, and possibly re staining some pipes I already restored with the stain pens.

Got three colors of fiebings leather dye coming. Hard to choose lol. Settled on dark brown, black, and oxblood. For estate restorations, cobs, and possibly re staining some pipes I already restored with the stain pens.
The oxblood and black contrast looks great. In the pipe carving contest thread that never ended I know I used that combo and I think a few others did too.

The oxblood and black contrast looks great. In the pipe carving contest thread that never ended I know I used that combo and I think a few others did too.
Awesome! My logic was black for contrast stains. The oxblood for the red hues. The dark brow may be too dark but I can lighten it to cover for lighter browns. Been needing to get some of these for a looong time. Been keeping to smooth pipes with the touch up pens so far. It has been tough to get even coverage with such a small applicator.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I went a little crazy bidding on Kirsten pipes on the bay, so far I have only won the one mentioned above, but there is sure to be more.

Top Bottom