What's new

What brand of soap have you collected/hoarded the most of?

Cella
Im over half way through the 2nd. kilo in a row and feel I need a change. For over 3 years it has served me well and I still enjoy a fresh pressed dollop of Cella in my bowl, but it’s time for a change.
I already bought 3 pucks of unsented Van der hagen and plan to melt in some of my favorite aftershaves and colognes. Maybe I’ll even get a couple arkos for variety 😉👍

I have extras of Williams (bought when it discontinued), Arko (still a few left from a 12 pack, duh), and Col Conk Lime (Amazon 4 pack).

I never want to be out of any of those three. But I rotate a lot of soaps, most all of them purchased or converted to stick format.

I'm probably set for life. (Like nearly everyone here?)
I hope not. I only have three years supply. Even that is insane to me. I’ve just found too many keepers in my shaving soap trials and I don’t want to be without them now.

Last edited:
Taylors of Old Bond Street. I've currently got Sandlewood, Grapefruit, Lavender, Almond and Peppermint.

I'm got Rose and Lime Zest in my sights aswell.

My list, of unopened/new in box soaps includes the following:
  • Williams Shaving Soap: over 30 pucks
  • Van Der Hagen Deluxe: roughly 15 pucks
  • Van Der Hagen Luxury: 4 pucks
  • Arko: 11 sticks
  • Razorock What the Puck: 7 pucks of Black, Blue and Green
  • Proraso Red: one tub
  • Custom Van Der Williams Blends: 7 pucks
Also have a lightly used Mitchell's Wool Fat puck the an Arko puck in the same condition.

Williams inventory was acquired over multiple grocery shopping trips where I threw two to three 99 cent pucks into the basket including an extra dozen last December before it was discontinued. It's one of the two base ingredients in my blends and also used alone with a boar brush. Sensed it could be discontinued given other old school soaps (e.g. Colgate) were long gone from the market.

Van Der Hagen Deluxe, at less than $2 per puck on sale, is the other main ingredient of my blends. Best blend to-date includes a puck each of Williams, VDH Deluxe, on ounce of Ivory soap (slickness), half ounce of Proraso red and an ounce of Dove Men+Care (last two as super lathering ingredients).

Currently use the Arko, VDH Luxury, Razorock What the Puck and Mitchell's on their own for some variety as these all work well on their own. Ran some numbers, and the above should provide close to 10 years of shaving lather so I'm set for a while for a total shaving soap cost of under $135. One of my better investments over the past couple of years since the price of Williams has increased by 10-15x since it was discontinued. The above soap "portfolio" is now worth $400 -$550 thanks to the appreciation of my Williams soap:) 🙂

I have around 100 pucks of Vintage Williams, and probably around 100 pucks of modern Williams. I also have around 100 tubs of soap from my favorite artisan soap makeW
Williams is also at the top of my list though with only 30+ pucks of the modern soap. Bet you never thought that one day the value of your Williams inventory would rival that of your artisan soaps given the current market price of $10-15 per puck (likely more for vintage).

Stirling.

I have 6 tubs (3 super low) and about half of 2 samples. Modest compared to many here but a lot for me haha.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've quit hoarding - but before that I've saved a ton of Irisch Moos sticks , tallow Tabac in both formats, tallow AoS .. not sure anyone still alive recalls P.160 but I have some of that also .. I've enough even if nobody releases a new latest & greatest that catches me fancy ..

About a dozen of TOBS creams
A dozen of Stirling soaps
Half dozen of Palmolive sticks
About twenty tubes of Palmolive cream
Half dozen of Nivea shaving cream
Half dozen of Ingram shaving cream
Half dozen of Proraso creams.

All these still among my favourites. I am much more on the side of creams than soaps. Stirling is a new brand to me.

Doesn't matter the price, Nivea, Proraso and Palmolive are hard to beat performance wise.

The rest just one or two units of each.
I could live life out happily if I still had sticks of palmolive. Also TOBS is extremely pleasing I could see myself only using it for life as well.

Stirling...without a doubt...🤭🤭
20220413_200310.jpg

Cella
Im over half way through the 2nd. kilo in a row and feel I need a change. For over 3 years it has served me well and I still enjoy a fresh pressed dollop of Cella in my bowl, but it’s time for a change.
I already bought 3 pucks of unsented Van der hagen and plan to melt in some of my favorite aftershaves and colognes. Maybe I’ll even get a couple arkos for variety 😉👍

Get a refill puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat and grate into a bowl with an equal amount of Cella.

Mix with a fork (Cella's that soft...) and enjoy either in a puck form or shave stick.
Happy, happy joy joy.

I haven't really looked around the Stirling site much, but Nag Champa and Hot Apple Cider sure do sound intriguing to me.
The hot apple cider is excellent. A really well balanced blend of apple and spice. The nag champa isn’t one of my favorites

The hot apple cider is excellent. A really well balanced blend of apple and spice. The nag champa isn’t one of my favorites
If you want to get rid of the Nag, shoot me a PM. Maybe I have something you'd like in trade. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom