What's new

What brand of soap have you collected/hoarded the most of?

Tabac (tallow formula)
Speick (tallow formula)
Klar Seifen
Haslinger
Razorock triple-milled pucks (Black, Gold, Green, Blue)
Provence Sante
Cella Extra Extra Bio

I stocked up on Tabac & Speick when they were reformulated. The others I either got on sale for good prices or had shipped from Europe so I tried to spread out the shipping cost over several soaps. I should be set for several years.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I have 6 tubs of RazoRock, and 6 tubs of Southen Witchcrafts.

I've started giving away the RR because I've lost interest. I think it has very good appeal for a newbie because its extremely easy to make reasonably good lather. Its just not slick enough for me. Everything else being the same, I can achieve a closer and less irritation (based on lack of alum feedback) shave using other soaps.

I still like SW, definitely haven't lost interest, but I'm currently experimenting with other soaps.

I stocked up on tallow Tabac last year—I have enough to last several years.

About a dozen of TOBS creams
A dozen of Stirling soaps
Half dozen of Palmolive sticks
About twenty tubes of Palmolive cream
Half dozen of Nivea shaving cream
Half dozen of Ingram shaving cream
Half dozen of Proraso creams.

All these still among my favourites. I am much more on the side of creams than soaps. Stirling is a new brand to me.

Doesn't matter the price, Nivea, Proraso and Palmolive are hard to beat performance wise.

The rest just one or two units of each.

Stocked up on purpose:

Tallow Tabac 8-9?
Palmolive sticks 17
Speick Tallow stick 5
Arko pucks 24

They should all keep well over the years until I whittle down all the other single tubs and tubes that came along since joining B&B :)

I’m just glad that I didn’t went completely bonkers and ordered some 1kg bricks of Vitos Extra Super Coco…
@CJB3 @Multum in parvo Maybe one of you could make me a proud owner of Tabac? I've never tried it in my 10 years of wet-shaving and regret it. I love learning from first-hand knowledge and have a feeling I've really missed out on this one.

@edw @Multum in parvo I absolutely love those Palmolive sticks! Um, maybe I could talk one of you into parting with one? If these were still in production, I'd most currently be sitting on a pile of them. So good!

The only soap I have my than one of is Stirling Soap Co. Right now I have 12 different soaps from them. S.S.C. is just an amazing artisan soap maker. They have so many great scent offerings with great prices and great customer support. There'll always be room in my den for their soaps.

I wish I could say my den was stocked full of S.V. soaps. There are a number of artisan soap makers I want to try but from what I read S.V. seams to be the best. I just have to try theirs next.

@CJB3 @Multum in parvo Maybe one of you could make me a proud owner of Tabac? I've never tried it in my 10 years of wet-shaving and regret it. I love learning from first-hand knowledge and have a feeling I've really missed out on this one.

@edw @Multum in parvo I absolutely love those Palmolive sticks! Um, maybe I could talk one of you into parting with one? If these were still in production, I'd most currently be sitting on a pile of them. So good!

The only soap I have my than one of is Stirling Soap Co. Right now I have 12 different soaps from them. S.S.C. is just an amazing artisan soap maker. They have so many great scent offerings with great prices and great customer support. There'll always be room in my den for their soaps.

I wish I could say my den was stocked full of S.V. soaps. There are a number of artisan soap makers I want to try but from what I read S.V. seams to be the best. I just have to try theirs next.
Sorry to say but I’m a continent away from you…

Hi

I live in Brazil but I got Palmolive sticks at EBAY UK.

Just prepare your wallet that prices are sky high to these out of production sticks.

I snatched a 12 pack of tallow Speick and haven’t gotten into them yet, with a 3/4 travel stick and two mostly full in a tub for the house.

Probably two Mike’s spares.

One or two MWF.

3 tallow Hasslinger Aloes to reload the stick and house tub when the time comes. The veggies are just as good.

I’ve got a couple Williams, but I’m not a fan. Grated Williams and two Sterling samples is amazing though. I’ll get more samples when that time comes.

My I Coloniali is almost gone. So that’s not a restockable.

I don’t hoard but grabbed some tallows as they got discontinued. If Mike quits I’ll be unhappy, but so far have managed to generally keep a single replacement on hand over the years.

I snatched a 12 pack of tallow Speick and haven’t gotten into them yet, with a 3/4 travel stick and two mostly full in a tub for the house.

Probably two Mike’s spares.

One or two MWF.

3 tallow Hasslinger Aloes to reload the stick and house tub when the time comes. The veggies are just as good.

I’ve got a couple Williams, but I’m not a fan. Grated Williams and two Sterling samples is amazing though. I’ll get more samples when that time comes.

My I Coloniali is almost gone. So that’s not a restockable.

I don’t hoard but grabbed some tallows as they got discontinued. If Mike quits I’ll be unhappy, but so far have managed to generally keep a single replacement on hand over the years.
I always wanted to try I Coloniali. Especially in that terracotta bowl! I missed that boat though. How do you like it?

Mostly from the Holy Black; Original, Tangerine Creeper, Coconut Creeper, Sandalwood Smoke, Telltale Heart, Galleon, Superhit, Scarab, Jeckyll & Hyde and now Bamboo.

I always wanted to try I Coloniali. Especially in that terracotta bowl! I missed that boat though. How do you like it?

It’s a good performer. The scent profile is… unique. The original puck is better than the refills I have used because they’re heavier in menthol content than the original.

I have extras of Williams (bought when it discontinued), Arko (still a few left from a 12 pack, duh), and Col Conk Lime (Amazon 4 pack).

I never want to be out of any of those three. But I rotate a lot of soaps, most all of them purchased or converted to stick format.

I'm probably set for life. (Like nearly everyone here?)

Top Bottom