What's new

What boar brush is the floppiest ?

Hey guys,
I like floppy brushes and I'd like to buy a boar brush. I know they are not really on the floppy side but do you know any Semogue or Omega boar brush floppy enough ? :)

My Omega Pro 49 is floppy if holding by the handle. I usually choke up on the knot a bit. Excellent brush.

Funny enough I’m gonna grab it for this morning. It wasn’t on deck for today but now it is :D

Omega 48 is floppy. I really like it. Soft, breaks in quick and whips up an excellent lather with every kind of shaving cream or soap. You do lose an occasional hair, but for 10 bucks can’t be bad…

It depends also on the size of the knot you're after. The Omega 48 mentioned above is floppy once broken in, but it's also massive. If you're looking for a medium to small size one, the Semogue brushes are floppier in my experience. The 830 is the first that came to my mind when I read the thread title.

Any of them are floppy if you soak the whole knot for about 15 minutes prior to shaving. Probably floppier than you want. Only soak about 1/3 to 1/2 of the tip.

I can recommend you a floppy Zenith brush that is pretty inexpensive. That's the Zenith 80B (white), 80N (black) or 80R (red). The knot is around 26mm with 64mm loft. The bristles are bleached which softens them.

1648952381008.png
1648952264620.png
1648952458816.png

My Semogue 830 is getting floppier as it breaks in. A higher loft brush is bound to be more floppy than one with a shorter loft I believe.

Top Bottom